Spyder Garage

Question LED running Tail light 2016 RT-S - how do I open the assembly?

LH tail light running light LEDs are dim. 3 are good but the rest dim. All other functions of the assembly are operating correctly. Removed tail light unit to check out wiring which looks good. Tried to remove back plate where LEDs are but it appears to be sealed. Is there any way that I can get it opened without too much damage? Have already ordered new tail light from BP but was hoping I could get the assembly opened up to troubleshoot the problem. Have had this RT for 3 years with 32,000 mile on it. This is first electrical problem on it. Any suggestions?
    This is my first post on this forum and was hoping for help.
    TIA

Spyder Garage

Hi Mcrtryder, welcome to the Forum!

Sorry I can't help with your Tail light problem, but I noticed your details & email address, and since I've got an Aussie Navy background & there's also a couple of retired Skyhawk Pilots in the family (& a former RN Harrier Pilot too ) thought I'd ask if you knew any of the Aussie Naval Aviation mob? After all, it is a pretty small & shrinking world these days!

Happy to go to PM with the background stuff, but wanted to welcome you here too!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default Sorry for late response.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Hi Mcrtryder, welcome to the Forum!

Sorry I can't help with your Tail light problem, but I noticed your details & email address, and since I've got an Aussie Navy background & there's also a couple of retired Skyhawk Pilots in the family (& a former RN Harrier Pilot too ) thought I'd ask if you knew any of the Aussie Naval Aviation mob? After all, it is a pretty small & shrinking world these days!

Happy to go to PM with the background stuff, but wanted to welcome you here too!
    Was away from forum for a long time but just recently came back to see if I can get a problem resolved.
    Got the tail light problem resolved by just replacing it with a new unit from BRP.
    Don’t have any relations with any Aussie A4 types. Have seen a some Kiwi and Aussie postings of the Skyhawk on youtube. Been retired since ‘77 so most of my contacts have flown west. Info only: check out a recent video of the USS Hornet Skyhawk post on youtube of VMA-214 Det N cruise in ‘62-‘63. 3 of us are still above ground.
    Again sincerest apologies of not responding sooner but I never saw your post until this morning after returning to the website.
    Still :riding though.
    Semper Fi
    Semper Fidelis