I traded in a 2016 RT for a left over 2019 RT Limited this spring. Having babied it through the break in, I started running it harder after it had about 1500 miles on it (now almost 2000 miles) and realized something was wrong. Despite what ever gear I am in, the engine seems to pull strongly up to about 3500 rpm and then its power level really drops off, and it feels as though it is being starved for air or fuel and will not continue up through what should be its power band.

I’ve even been on interstate hwy, driving 70 and opened the throttle to pass a car. It would not accelerate. So, I shifted down to 5th and it would still not accelerate. Same in 4th (undoubtedly due to it getting further into its “no power zone”).

Bike has been back to the dealer once, and the service mgr. rode it, came back, and said it should have pulled up to about 100 mph based on throttle position, but just would not climb in rpm’s. They claimed to have then updated 5 codes, but it did not help problem. Per the dealer, the next step in diagnosing is replacing plugs, which are on back order (now for over 1 week).

Having had the 2016 I am very familiar with how the 1330 engine should run. Again, this 2019 seems to run and pull nicely up to slightly over 3000 rpm. So, I can ride it for most of the highway driving we do here in Iowa. But, in my opinion, it would be unsafe (due to power deficiency) at interstate speeds.

Any recommendations?