Spyder Garage

Default Headlight upgrade

I want to upgrade the headlights on my 2011 Spyder Rt Limited. I need some direction here.. I see "kits" and just bulbs. Which do I need and how difficult are they to change?
    Thanks

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you have the rt and just want to do the head lights than get just the two head lights, If you have the RTL and want to do the head lights and fog lights get the kit with the 4 led lights http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...mbo-lamonster/ look at this set and look at the bottom of that page for two videos on how to install watch both videos. By upgrading to led lights it will use less power and you get more light.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Another vote for the Lamonster 4 bulb set.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Yet another vote for Lamonster

Spyder Garage

I know Lamonster puts a lot of thought and technical knowledge into all of his products and they are all excellent. I however did not like the idea of notching the plug housing so I opted for Tricled headlights and fog lights. Yes, you do have to be careful not to jam the shutter assembly when installing the headlights but it is not a difficult job and just test the high and low beams before you reassemble all the panels.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    If you have the rt and just want to do the head lights than get just the two head lights, If you have the RTL and want to do the head lights and fog lights get the kit with the 4 led lights http://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-a...mbo-lamonster/ look at this set and look at the bottom of that page for two videos on how to install watch both videos. By upgrading to led lights it will use less power and you get more light.
    ...LED headlites are a definite plus ..... Just a word of caution on the FOG lights ..... I have done an install and it's a real *itch ..... and the amount of Extra light is minimal ..... not worth the effort and expense .... If you are going to have someone else do it ..... time is money and they will charge Double what the headlite install alone will cost ........... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks... my concern is 1) the kit seems to be universal hence the "notch" out a spot 2) they offer a limited warranty vs others who offer a plug n ride AND a lifetime warranty 3) all this for less?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ...LED headlites are a definite plus ..... Just a word of caution on the FOG lights ..... I have done an install and it's a real *itch ..... and the amount of Extra light is minimal ..... not worth the effort and expense .... If you are going to have someone else do it ..... time is money and they will charge Double what the headlite install alone will cost ........... good luck .... Mike
    Mike, the OP has a 2011. Changing the foglights on a 2011 is easy.
    If he's anything like me his CDO will require him to change out the foglights so the headlights, tip lights and foglights all have the same color.

81jVtuETV+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    IBA #47122

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Mike, the OP has a 2011. Changing the foglights on a 2011 is easy.
    If he's anything like me his CDO will require him to change out the foglights so the headlights, tip lights and foglights all have the same color.

81jVtuETV+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    Thanks for the correction .... I didn't know the 11's were different .... I did a 2014 RT for a member here and I wouldn't try it again .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Thanks for the correction .... I didn't know the 11's were different .... I did a 2014 RT for a member here and I wouldn't try it again .... Mike
    The 2010-2012 don't have that snorkel on the left side that gets in the way.
    IBA #47122