Spyder Garage

Default Fender Touching A Arm on Full Lock to Lock Turn

I just picked up a slightly used 2019 Ryker 900 and was maneuvering it around in the garage. When i turn the handle bars in one direction all the way the front fender touches the A arm. however in the other direction it does not. It is close but does not touch. Is something wonky that requires adjustment? What should I be looking for?

Spyder Garage

I do think the handlebars may be out of alignment slightly and will adjust those and see if that they fixes the issue.

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My fenders come very close to lower control arms.
    Are the 4 bolts securing the fenders snug?
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the response. I have checked them and they are definitely fully tightened. I am planning to take it in for its first service and will see what the dealership has to say.

Spyder Garage

I have the same on my 2018 .. thats normal ! I think they changed it on the 2020 modell, but its not a problem ..
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Default Fender Running on A-arm Update - BRP Comments

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    I have the same on my 2018 .. thats normal ! I think they changed it on the 2020 modell, but its not a problem ..
    I just had my ryker in for its first service. They advised that in discussing this with BRP that they are aware of the issue but don't have a fix at this point. Which I take to mean nothing will ever happen other than on future models. The dealer said they checked the alignment and everything is okay. So I can assume for us with, at least, a 2019 that this is "normal".

Spyder Garage

Well I just checked my 2020 and it does not touch in either direction, so apparently there was a fix for 2020's. I think that they should apply that fix to the earlier models that have the issue, whatever the fix is.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Just checked my 2019. The right fender hits on right turn. The left fender has ample clearance. My assumption is that right hand turns, being sharper, maybe there is more angle built in for that. I didn't check relative maximum turn angle side to side. There is a molded indent that is suppose to give the needed clearance. It lines up well on the left fender. It's too low and not far enough back on the right fender. The A-Arm hits above the indent. And would hit anyway even if the indent were moved up because it doesn't extend far enough to the rear of the fender. I don't think it will do any harm. But it is an unfortunate oversite by BRP engineers.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Hey, guys. I took delivery of a 2022 Ryker Sport last week. I live in Northern IL and it's way too cold for me to ride, plus I don't want to be riding in salt. I had the dealer deliver the Ryker to my house. I've been a longtime lurker here and I preordered the Sport on the first day BRP took the order last year.

Yesterday was the first time I had a chance to do a bit of inspection beyond a quick lookover for damage when I got it. I noticed that the right wheel fender bumps the A-arm and touches the suspension spring with the bars fully deflected to the right. I can hear the plastic fender tapping when it bumps. It also makes a similar plastic tap at the right wheel when I turn the bars fully left. I haven't found what might be bumping on the right wheel when it's turned to the left yet. The left wheel fender has no clearance problems with either turn.

I left a message for my dealer sales guy about this to see what he has to say. Unfortunately, it looks like this might be normal for them. Is that really the case?

Thanks!

Jon
    2022 Spyder F3S pilot

"SpyderWings" on YT