Spyder Garage

Default ZumoLock Zumo XT GPS Lock

Just thought I'd start a new thread for a Zumo XT lock. ZumoLock in The Netherlands had one available now, so I thought I'd give it a try. It cost $89 Euro's/shipped, which converts to about $100 USD. I mistakenly (I think) paid an extra $10 Euro's for a Pin lock RAM handle, which I already had. So, thinking it can be bought for $79 Euro's if you look closely. That said, I ordered it on June 15 from The Netherlands and it arrived today. It did sit in Chicago Customs for (7) days. It was shipped via Post Office mail. I think it will be a nice deterrent. Sure you can twist/rip, but my $100 deductible comp insurance would cover that as it was locked. Straight forward install. One install tip, before you assemble, make sure the small phillip screw at the bottom of the lock set is TIGHT. Nothing came apart, but once it was installed, the lock lever wouldn't turn so nicely. Tightening the bottom screw was all it needed. Here are some photo's. My finger is point to the lever that turns and locks under the release button. When in the lock position, it rests on the steel plate, so you just can't push down hard on it.
    https://www.zumolock.com/index.php/e...lock-xt-detail

** My photos are too big to upload Just got a new phone. DOH !! **

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Pictures of pictures ..
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Looks like it will be a good solution. Thanks for the post
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

will it work if you are not using the Ram Mount method? I added the center mount to my 2019 F3L

thanks
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    will it work if you are not using the Ram Mount method? I added the center mount to my 2019 F3L

thanks

Yes, The lock uses the standard 4 bolt pattern common to all gamins. Will bolt directly to the mount you have. NOTE: If you go that route, order using the link https://www.zumolock.com/index.php/e...am-1216-detail. This is the one WITHOUT the RAM lock. Will save 10 euros
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Touratech will be releasing their Zumo XT lock in a couple weeks. Like most Touratech stuff, it looks beefy and secure. And, like most Touratech items, it is premium priced. I still don't think the $175 cost is outrageous compared to Kradellock's $128. I may venture to try one over the winter.
    https://touratech-usa.com/store/Tour...Garmin-Zumo-XT
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Default Love this lock

Bought one for my Zumo 396 to use on my Goldwing F6B. I was getting little use out of the GPS because it was such a nuisance to remove it every time I left the bike. Leave it on 24/7 now and only take it off to update the maps.

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Just thought I'd start a new thread for a Zumo XT lock. ZumoLock in The Netherlands had one available now, so I thought I'd give it a try. It cost $89 Euro's/shipped, which converts to about $100 USD. I mistakenly (I think) paid an extra $10 Euro's for a Pin lock RAM handle, which I already had. So, thinking it can be bought for $79 Euro's if you look closely. That said, I ordered it on June 15 from The Netherlands and it arrived today. It did sit in Chicago Customs for (7) days. It was shipped via Post Office mail. I think it will be a nice deterrent. Sure you can twist/rip, but my $100 deductible comp insurance would cover that as it was locked. Straight forward install. One install tip, before you assemble, make sure the small phillip screw at the bottom of the lock set is TIGHT. Nothing came apart, but once it was installed, the lock lever wouldn't turn so nicely. Tightening the bottom screw was all it needed. Here are some photo's. My finger is point to the lever that turns and locks under the release button. When in the lock position, it rests on the steel plate, so you just can't push down hard on it.
    https://www.zumolock.com/index.php/e...lock-xt-detail

** My photos are too big to upload Just got a new phone. DOH !! **

Spyder Garage

It's to bad you can't trust people to leave crap alone!!! That's one good thing about Maine for the most part when you live out of some of the larger towns you can let your guard down a little!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I just bit the bullet and ordered a Touratech Zumo XT lock. Likely have it mid next week. I'll determine how I like it to see if I keep it. I might have my ZumoLock for sale next week...

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Thanks for this. I just ordered one for a 660.

Looks like they have models for several different Zumos.

Looks a lot less complex and bulky than the Touratech lock. Just need something to keep the casual "lifter" from walking away with it.

https://www.zumolock.com/index.php/en/purchase/zumolock