Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera install

Spyder Garage

Great job billybovine! I thought about getting the same kit but all I wanted was to be able to see behind me. I ended up creating my own setup. I had to source parts from half a dozen different manufacturers but in the end I made it all work. It works great on city streets at night. It's all illuminated like it was daytime thanks to the night vision camera.
    IMG_3130.jpg
    IMG_3131.jpg
    IMG_3129.jpg

Spyder Garage

Great post @billybovine! I ordered my B1M from Amazon and the GPS module from ebay yesterday.

Thanks!
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE

Spyder Garage

Have you pulled footage off your camera to your computer at all? I have a Blueskysea XB701 dual camera system on my ST and have not been overly impressed with the video quality - despite settings it always comes out artificially sharp and has required fairly extensive post editing to get it to a usable state.

I did notice the same issue with the battery drain even when off and installed a rocker switch to isolate the system and allow me to fully disable it .
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrSchaefer View Post
    Have you pulled footage off your camera to your computer at all? I have a Blueskysea XB701 dual camera system on my ST and have not been overly impressed with the video quality - despite settings it always comes out artificially sharp and has required fairly extensive post editing to get it to a usable state.

I did notice the same issue with the battery drain even when off and installed a rocker switch to isolate the system and allow me to fully disable it .
    I'm interested in knowing more about the quality issue. Isn't much use to me if it doesn't provide useful 'evidence' in event of a legal dispute.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I'm interested in knowing more about the quality issue. Isn't much use to me if it doesn't provide useful 'evidence' in event of a legal dispute.
    My system would help to defend you in a legal situation (largely why I installed it) - but I wanted to also be able to use it to record specific routes and ride videos and it doesn't even compare to a GoPro in quality for that use..

For example - this is a video shot off of my XB701 - after significant adjustments to sharpness, contrast, color depth.. this was about as good as I could get it
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrSchaefer View Post
    My system would help to defend you in a legal situation (largely why I installed it) - but I wanted to also be able to use it to record specific routes and ride videos and it doesn't even compare to a GoPro in quality for that use..

For example - this is a video shot off of my XB701 - after significant adjustments to sharpness, contrast, color depth.. this was about as good as I could get it
    Very helpful. Thanks.

It seems this unit is the newest in this manufacturer's (BlueSkySea) lineup and has some nice features, including built in GPS and 3 inch monitor, justifying the $100 additional cost. https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Wa.../dp/B08Q3YJFH2
    Last edited by UtahPete; 01-26-2022 at 07:36 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Very helpful. Thanks.

It seems this unit is the newest in this manufacturer's (BlueSkySea) lineup and has some nice features, including built in GPS and 3 inch monitor, justifying the $100 additional cost. https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Wa.../dp/B08Q3YJFH2
    That is the exact unit I have and I would not recommend it. It's several years old but a few people have been listing it as new on Amazon (how I bought into it).

According to their site, these are the current products (https://www.blueskysea-inc.com/products/)
    blueskysea.jpg
    2021 Spyder F3-T - Pearl White
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I've also seen some very good initial reviews on the products from Innovv - specifically their K3 model.
    2021 Spyder F3-T - Pearl White
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White