Spyder Garage

Default Made the switch to F3L

I finally got my 2019 F3L picked up from Louisiana and brought back home to Central Texas. And yes, I am loving it!!!

I have owned a 2016 RTL for almost 3 years and did most of my own wrenching. Pretty familiar with taking all the Tupperware off after viewing some good videos. BTW- it’s still for sale!

I can’t seem to find much on panel removal for the F3L, specifically the upper panel removal around the gas tank. I removed the side panel easily and the left access plate to fish a GPS wire from the handlebar to the accessory circuit provided. In the process I think I must have messed with the heated grips button because the yellow light encircling the switch is not lit. The rear passenger heated grip button continues to light.

I’ve searched here, the Operator’s Guide and on tube with no luck. Anyone have experience with the panel removal and can comment or can direct me to a site to research?

Spyder Garage
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

This video was made by a fellow member a few months ago. I think this is the F3 panel that you're asking about. Pretty simple and clever tool to make the job easy: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7n8v1iuhf...1080P.mp4?dl=0 Good luck!

Spyder Garage

I downloaded that on my iPad previously but have no Table of Contents to search the manual

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DanY View Post
    I downloaded that on my iPad previously but have no Table of Contents to search the manual
    That is the biggest problem with the online service manuals in my experience.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

on your new F3L. I was a dyed in the wool RT person until 2020 when I bit the bullet and traded the RT-S for a new 2019 F3L. A totally different ride, and I liked it so much, we traded our 2011 RT for a new 2020 F3L in Jan of 2021.

I don't miss some of the frills, I like the lower to the ground CG, and it seems a bit more peppy in the performance area. What's not to like?
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 01-25-2022 at 03:53 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DanY View Post
    There usually is a Table of Contents, but it does not automatically appear when you open the document, Dan. You have to hit the bookmark icon at the top of your screen when you have loaded the document, and then hit the relevant arrow on the right (not the text). You also have the option of a “text” search that works well. Have another read of your install guide, just in case it is in there and you missed it.

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 01-26-2022 at 03:05 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red