Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RTL Recall for Rear Panel Fix

Went to my purchase dealer this morning for the 'fix' by appointment 1 hr 45 min ride there, but no problem with the ride. Anyone getting the fix be sure and advise service if you have the BRP passenger arm rests......The fix will not work if you have arm rests, the service mgr says that BRP is aware of the problem and working on a fix that will work with arm rests. There you have it....I did not advise the service manager that I had arm rests so I'll put that out there before someone asks.

Spyder Garage

Heck, at least your dealer is open on Monday. Gotta love that!
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh yeah, far as dealers go, this one is right up there with top contenders.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Oh yeah, far as dealers go, this one is right up there with top contenders.
    Looks like I may need first service when I’m in Fl. Who’s the dealer?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here ya go, enjoy your trip to sunny FL.

https://www.seminolepowersportsnorth.com/

Spyder Garage

That makes me think the fix is an add or or cover up instead of a replacement (which might be fine). Is there anything you can tell or show us?
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not much, all I can relate is what the service mgr told me, BRP is aware, that he had another customer that had the same problem and that has been reported to BRP. So, the way the first models came from the factory zip tied is the way it will remain until BRP can development a fix. I kind of wonder how the RTL models that came from the factory with passenger arm rests were designed, or maybe there weren't any arm rests that came from the factory on the 2020's, if not, BRP sells arm rests for the 2020, so it's all a kind of a mystery but I suppose it will evolve into a fix, I hope so. If necessary I can live with the gap, but I'd rather not, I'd like for it to be 'right', and so I will be patient until they tell me they can't fix it. Then I might bitch a lot.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Not much, all I can relate is what the service mgr told me, BRP is aware, that he had another customer that had the same problem and that has been reported to BRP. So, the way the first models came from the factory zip tied is the way it will remain until BRP can development a fix. I kind of wonder how the RTL models that came from the factory with passenger arm rests were designed, or maybe there weren't any arm rests that came from the factory on the 2020's, if not, BRP sells arm rests for the 2020, so it's all a kind of a mystery but I suppose it will evolve into a fix, I hope so. If necessary I can live with the gap, but I'd rather not, I'd like for it to be 'right', and so I will be patient until they tell me they can't fix it. Then I might bitch a lot.
    I don't think any Spyders come from the factory with arm rests installed. Strictly a dealer-installed item if you add them at time of purchase.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Which location of Seminole Power Sports did you go to? Eustis or Sanford? Thanks.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongRider View Post
    Which location of Seminole Power Sports did you go to? Eustis or Sanford? Thanks.
    I bought mine at the Sanford store. They put the new panels on and I was out in less than an hour. No more cable ties. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

We ordered ours.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Eustis.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongRider View Post
    Eutis

Spyder Garage

The dealer I purchased from isn't particularly good, and aside from this one issue I doubt they will be doing any of my warranty service. Does anybody have the info on this fix/recall so that I can show them what needs to be done?
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

I would love information on fix/recall also.
    2021 S2S , Green

Spyder Garage

IMG_20200922_205829.jpg
    I ordered mine 2021 from imotorsports and had them install the arm rest. I looked in there and it has a bolt in it.
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue