Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Showing appreciation

Hi, all especially you Newbies .... I post this topic a few times a year .... Think about this .... if you ask for help / assistance ....let the folks who take the time to help you, Know you read their post .... It's not complicated - just click the THANKS or LIKE button or Both.... There are a few folks on this Board who I will NO LONGER HELP .... because they couldn't be bothered to let me know they read my or anyone else's answer ...... ride safe / ride happy .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, When you solve an issue with the help from information given here, please post the outcome. It helps to let those who help know that they are being of assistance. Thanks for the reminder BK........ Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Annnnnnd when you are requesting help from us PLEASE include the year and model and any other information pertinent to your problem.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Aaannnnd don't forget that this Forum is where heaps of people come to get their Spyder/Ryker problems sorted, often just because the dealers are so inept or claim they've 'never heard of that problem before' despite it being reported and widely discussed here and elsewhere! Yeah, right! So while it might seem that these machines are all awful lemons if you only go by what you've read here about all the troubles people are seeking help for/with; and you might get worried that you might also be inflicted with all the problems you see being discussed here on the boards, just remember that MOST Spyder/Rykers owners aren't having all of those problems all of the time; nor is it even all that likely that they are having ANY of those problems ANY of the time!! In fact, MOST are very likely out there ryding their Spyders/Rykers and simply enjoying the Miles of Smiles without any major concerns!

All of which boils down to suggesting we all should all Ryde More & Worry Less!

However, as others have said, it is really only polite to acknowledge those who've taken the time & made the effort to offer assistance; and it's really appreciated by all if you try to keep us up to date with your progress; & then ultimately tell us the resolution of your particular problem too - that'll not only help anyone who may have the same problem now, it'll also be helping those who may be searching for a solution to the same or similar problem later on, possibly even years down track! So please, always try to wrap up your problem threads with that final resolution!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-06-2020 at 02:46 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Ryde More & Worry Less! x2
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Good advice all.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Hi, all especially you Newbies .... I post this topic a few times a year .... Think about this .... if you ask for help / assistance ....let the folks who take the time to help you, Know you read their post .... It's not complicated - just click the THANKS or LIKE button or Both.... There are a few folks on this Board who I will NO LONGER HELP .... because they couldn't be bothered to let me know they read my or anyone else's answer ...... ride safe / ride happy .... Mike
    I know I have asked a few questions but didn't realize this button existed. Apologies to all who have helped me out.
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

... just click the THANKS or LIKE button or Both. ...
    I have been on multiple forums (fora?) over the years for many different topics. This is the first one where I have seen those buttons.

While I can appreciate their function, I find that the list of likers and thankers really interrupts the flow when reading a longer thread.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    I have been on multiple forums (fora?) over the years for many different topics. This is the first one where I have seen those buttons.

While I can appreciate their function, I find that the list of likers and thankers really interrupts the flow when reading a longer thread.

???? .... the Thanks and Likes " buttons " are not incorporated in the Thread / post .... check the lower left hand corner UNDER the word body of any post ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

and easily bypassed or ignored.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

My apologies to all who have responded to questions I have asked, and to those who have posted things that helped me out. I never knew the "Like" "Thanks" buttons were there. I do now though. Thank you.

Spyder Garage

Without the help of so many on this forum I would have never purchased a Spyder, never been able to maintain or upgrade, or ever experienced the most fun since my days of flying. Thank you all for all the questions that stimulate answers and all the answers that provide solutions. I know I'm not alone when it comes to learning something new with each visit.
    2014 , yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

And I would not have known what to expect, look for and do pre and post buying the Spyder. The efforts of admins and posters is very much appreciated by myself and clearly others.
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac
    2014 ST-S , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

???? .... the Thanks and Likes " buttons " are not incorporated in the Thread / post .... check the lower left hand corner UNDER the word body of any post ...... Mike
    It's not the BUTTONS that get in the way, it's the LIST of likes and thanks between the posts that interrupts the flow.

As I mentioned earlier, I can appreciate their function (for those who care), but it's just one of the little things that bugs me. I am happy that many here appear to use and appreciate them, it's just something new to my forum-using experience and I am not used to seeing the lists in between the posts.

It's just a personal pet peeve, I'll likely get over it.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Just bringing this thread back, so others may read it, and learn something ...... Many thanks to all that use this feature .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Perhaps the ideas in this thread could be incorporated in the Rules and Guidelines sticky. I think showing appreciation is not a rule but it is sure a good guideline. It makes this forum a lot friendlier and educational...... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi