Spyder Garage

Default Radiator cleaning external

I have read threads about cleaning the bugs from the radiator. Is there a good solution to spray on the radiator to help soften them up? Should you just use the air pressure from the back like BRP states in the owner's manual? Buy solution I was thinking like a dawn or simple green are these products safe for the radiator and the Tupperware

Thanks for all that reply.

Spyder Garage

You can spray the buggy radiators gently from the front with a hose to soften them up and then again from the rear to wash them out of the fins. Once you've done that, invest in a a set of Spyderpops KOTT (Keep Out The Trash) Grilles, https://spyderpops.com/2014-2019-can...els-2014-2019/, and you will soon thereafter be amazed at how many bugs you DON'T have to wash out of the radiators.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Get kott grills from Spyderpops.com
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Well,you talked me into it!

Spyder Garage

You can put a wet towel up against the front of the grill and lean something against it to hold it against the grill. It will soften all the bugs in about 15 minutes. Then you can just brush them off with a soft bristle paint brush. Might use a little liquid dish soap on the paint brush, but just plain water works well. The trick is to keep them wet for 10 or 15 minutes to soften them up. You don't need to spray high pressure water.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Good old hydrogen peroxide works well for softening the bugs. Buy a small spray bottle, put the HP in it and go to work. It helps soften the little critters and will do no harm to paint.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Simple Green works well
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Be SUPER careful with Simple Green. It will cause bare aluminum to corrode and very quickly too.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    Be SUPER careful with Simple Green. It will cause bare aluminum to corrode and very quickly too.
    Good to know, I use the stuff in the garage.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey