Spyder Garage

Default Question for the moderators

Is the blinking red notification (top of screen) something new for the PM's or was I being cautioned? I noticed it yesterday July 3. But, when I clicked it I only found PM's that I already had red. Just curious.

Spyder Garage

Why do you ask - are you feeling guilty about something??

If that Notifications symbol was blinking and red, it should have had a number alongside it - the number is how many unread PM's are in your in-box; and AFAIK, the only time it goes red & blinks is when there IS something in there you haven't opened and then left - it doesn't stop blinking until you have opened and then closed & left the last un-read PM/msg.

That said, if you have more than one Forum page/screen window open, and you change screens &/or refresh them so that the notification is showing on more than one of those windows, then you go and read them in only one of those windows and close everything off in that window only, any of the other windows that had the red blinking notification showing will STILL have that red blinking notification showing until you change or refresh that screen. This can be a bit of a trap; it's caught me a few times, but it's only still flashing because I hadn't yet refreshed the screen showing in any of the 'other' windows - hit 'refresh', wait for the refreshed screen to paint up, and voila, blinking notification gone!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!