Spyder Garage

Default Constant Power To The USB and Rear Light

On the 2010 to 2019, there was a way to convert the power outlet in the front and rear from switched on to always on.
    I'm wondering if there is a way to do the same for the 2020 RT Limited.
    Particularly for the rear trunk.
    The new trunk has a light in it, which is great, but all too often I turn the bike off first, and then go into the trunk to rummage around my stuff.
    Of course, I can always just turn the key back on, if it's too difficult to fool with the fuse boxes.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

If it is like previous years RT-S, move the #6 fuse to the #7 slot on the left fuse box as you are looking at the frunk.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Spyder Garage

According to page 144 of your owners manual. That is still an option for the accessories circuit (power plug in the top case). The fuse should be in position 7 from the factory and on all the time already. Unless someone has moved it. But if it is like the F3L. The top case light is powered by the running light circuit. Not the accessories circuit. So even if you move the fuse. You will still have to have the key on for the light to work.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sduskin View Post
    If it is like previous years RT-S, move the #6 fuse to the #7 slot on the left fuse box as you are looking at the frunk.
    Interesting that you have to specify "as you are looking" when there is already a label on the cover that says "RIGHT SIDE".

All references to "Right", "Left", "Front", "Rear", "Top" and "Bottom" are made as if you are in the operator's position, ready to ride. In any vehicle.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Knowing that sometimes service techs dont look closely at the covers because of whaterver... is why i specified it the way I did. However, I appreciate the alternative perspective.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark