Spyder Garage

Default Extremely slow shipping.

In Canada it has been a problem for a while with ordering anything from outside the country. When it gets to Canada customs, it can sit for a while. From the US not so bad, 5 to 7 days, but anywhere else it take 20 to 30 days. Since the Covid 19 thing happened. It is far worse. I ordered a camera for the Spyder from Ali-Express on May 5th. Couple days later I got a notice that it had shipped. This week it finally showed up on Canada Post tracking and I should get it on Monday. That's 2 months. So I have decided not to order anything that has to cross the border. It just takes too long. I need a couple new batteries for a ups I have. So on Amazon.ca marketplace I order a pair of batteries. The vendor ships from Canada. So my thinking no border issues. So yesterday I get the notice that it has shipped by Fedex It shipped from a location less than 2 hours drive away from me and I should get it July 3rd, today. This morning I check the tracking to see where it is. Arrived in Fort Worth Texas at 6:43 AM. WTH, so much for trying to not have things cross the border.

Sorry for my rant.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Yup .... Hit or miss. My GPS lock shipped from The Netherlands and has been sitting in Chicago Customs for 7 days and counting

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Some countries are not accepting any packages from outside the country at all. Many packages are sitting in warehouses along the way waiting for transport space. International shipping depends heavily on commercial air travel, which has gone to almost nothing these days. I have packages all over the world that are very late. Those that I shipped on April are just now getting delivered, in some cases. Canada is not good for USPS packages because the Canadian Postal Service is so backed up. UPS, DHL and Fed-Ex are much better for delivery. The down side is that they can incur additional fees. It's a real mess.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I recently shipped a bicycle shock to the UK via DHL. Delivery took 2 days and was not much more than USPS which will not offering tracking outside the USA.

Spyder Garage

It is real crazy right now. A little while back I mailed a package to upstate New York and sent it Express Mail since it was only a few cents more. The next day I mailed another package, exactly same size and weight, to a friend in Maine and just sent it regular mail.

The regular mail package to Maine got there in 4 days. It took the Express Mail package to Upstate NY over 2 weeks to get there. We had just about gave it up for lost.

To Canada takes a lot longer.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Two months in and I'm still waiting on a shipment from UK to Aus.Hope it's the correct part and doesn't need sending back lol! You would think with all the parked aircraft and ships they'd be falling over themselves for a load.Sniffer dogs must have gone on strike or something.
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    Two months in and I'm still waiting on a shipment from UK to Aus.Hope it's the correct part and doesn't need sending back lol! You would think with all the parked aircraft and ships they'd be falling over themselves for a load.Sniffer dogs must have gone on strike or something.
    Right now, Australia is definitely slow. Normally, Australia has one of the worlds better postal services.

Spyder Garage

Yeah..... USPS in particular is slow to Aus At present. I ordered two pieces at different times from Woodburn In. The first has been sitting in New York airport since June 2, through USPS, and the shipper says it took 90 days to get a parcel to Germany through USPS. The other parcel has just left via FEDEX, and supposedly will be here in 9 days....... but for that you pay a premium....$300us. Hopefully they aren’t lying

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Yeah..... USPS in particular is slow to Aus At present. I ordered two pieces at different times from Woodburn In. The first has been sitting in New York airport since June 2, through USPS, and the shipper says it took 90 days to get a parcel to Germany through USPS. The other parcel has just left via FEDEX, and supposedly will be here in 9 days....... but for that you pay a premium....$300us. Hopefully they aren’t lying

Pete
    Right now. You either pay a lot, or you wait a lot.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Right now. You either pay a lot, or you wait a lot.
    Or with Australia Post, you pay a lot AND you wait a lot!!

I had two very similar sized/weight small parcels sent from Queensland to South Aust back in April, despatched the same day by organisations in the same town. One, the sender had to go to the Post Office before midday & pay extra (with my $$) to send it 'Express Post - Guaranteed Next Business Day Delivery'; while the other just rang the local Courier, who came straight by to pick the small parcel up & started it on its way. Yep, got the Courier parcel delivered to my door at about 10:00 the next business day; while I'm STILL BLOODY WAITING for the Aust Post 'Express Delivery'!! And this isn't the first time, either!! At least I'd asked the mob who 'preferred' Aust Post to use a Courier instead, and they'd promised me that if I didn't get it within 5 working days via Aust Post they'd courier the item to me priority & at their cost, which they did and I got it the very next working day (thanks guys! ) but Aust Post seems to be just digging themselves deeper & deeper into a higher cost & poorer service failure!!

The only thing that really annoys me about this is that it's always the poor Posties & Desk wallahs at the pointy end who get to cop all the frustration, complaints, and grief from their customers instead of the 'powers that be' in the organisation - the people who are making the decisions are so damned stupid that they think "Oh heck, the number of people using our services is dropping, so we'd better increase our prices and cut the frequency of services to reduce our costs and get the profit margin back up again!" And they seemingly do that EVERY TIME they get a worse quarterly profit/loss statement!

Bloody idiots don't seem to realise that it's BECAUSE their prices are too high and their frequency/reliabilty of delivery services is dropping that fewer people are using them to send anything - why would you, when there are now Couriers who cost less and who actually DO achieve their 'Next Business Day Delivery' promises in most metro & suburban areas of the Country, while Aust Post usually can't even manage to get their 'In Country' Express/Priority Deliveries done within the next working WEEK, if at all?! Heaven help anyone using their o/seas lottery/dumping site... errm, sorry - 'service', either coming or going!

Oh, hang on, I hope they don't see this or they'll up their prices again & drop their service/delivery frequencies even more, just to increase their efficiency & profitabilty mind you!! And I bet the bleedin' fat cats in their ivory tower will expect another million bucks in bonuses for making such an 'astoundingly brilliant decision' too!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-05-2020 at 09:30 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Canada Post was doing OK, except for cross border stuff before the Covid thing. Not unusual to get stuff I ordered the next day, normally 2 days and sometimes 3. Cross border stuff was always slow. From the US. It would take several days to get to the border. 4 or 5 days at Canada Customs. From Asia 20 to 30 days at Canada Customs. Don't order much out of Europe. But it would be 6 or 7 days at Canada Customs.

Since the pandemic Canada Post has gotten slower. From what I understand. The amount of packages has increased to higher then peak Christmas time volumes. They are having a hard time keeping up. My neighborhood does not get door to door delivery. There are central set of mail boxes. They are now making 2 deliveries a day to them. 1st one letter mail and packages and 2nd one packages only. So they are trying.

International I am trying not to order. From what I understand. A lot of this freight was shipped in the belly of passenger planes. Since a lot of them are not flying anymore. It is just backing up with not enough freight planes to take up the slack.

I started this thread because tracking said my package went to Texas. Well tracking was wrong. It was dropped on my doorstep by Fedex. Less than an hour later. Checked tracking again and the Texas info was removed.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Yeah, Billy.......although......the very same luthier who is sending my pieces, also said that he had an incoming package from Japan, shipped via the equivalent of their Post Office to USPS for delivery to Woodburn, that only took 7 days. So it’s all over the shop (so to speak ). You MAY luck out on flights heading your way, or you may not. Since my courier package is still sitting in Memphis after 4 days, it is highly unlikely FEDEX will meet their promised delivery date to country Australia of this coming Friday

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

A couple of Postal international examples:
    1.) Zumo XT cradle lock: Ordered June 15 from The Netherlands/Delivered yesterday = 21 days (Sat in US Customs/Chicago 7 days)
    2.) Brake Eyes from Martin: Ordered June 12 from Slovakia/Arrived yesterday = 24 days (Sat in US Customs/NY 7 days)

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I ordered some Kappa (Givi) luggage from Motostorm in Italy on June 27. It was shipped June 30 via FedEx and is out for delivery today. Yup, FedEx/UPS/DHL are operating much more efficiently. On a side note, I did order an aluminum flag kit on ebay from China on July 01. It was mailed via standard speedPack. It arrived in US Customs yesterday. That was fast, but will likely take a week in USPS Customs..

2022 RT Sea To Sky