Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Latest update on my F3L

Refresh:
    July 1st I was cruising home on day 8 of my 8 day trip. 127 miles from home my RPM's suddenly hit the rev limiter. No longer under power although I can hear it downshifting.

Get it to my preferred shop on July 7th. Last week they were waiting to hear back from BRP as to what route to go.The pulley and output shaft were fine.

So yesterday afternoon the Service manager calls. Tells me that BRP has a new gearbox on the way. (he was actually surprised that there was one in stock). The motor is out of the bike right now. Once the new gearbox arrives and he removes the old one from the motor he will have a better idea of exactly what happened. He believes that it is the clutch pack. Looks like the money I spent on the BEST Warranty is about to pay for it's self and then some.

I'm on a 15 day trip starting tomorrow. So it will be mid August before I get it back. Service Manager says that he will send some pictures . I'll attempt to post them on the road (my eyes don't like forums on my phone).

Anyway, if ever there is a case to support the purchase of the BEST warranty here it is.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I had the experience of of getting suckered into an extended warranty on a new 1990 Acclaim. Fortunately, it was a lemon and and between engine and tranny it ended up costing them much more then they made on selling the warranty. They tried very hard to get me to trade it back in. Sometimes the gamble pays off, but they’re betting it won’t. Glad it worked in your favor too.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner3773 View Post
    Shawn Smoak has had a couple of these where the output shaft snaps in two. I don't know if this is the case with your bike, but he is seeing these output shafts break. He recently just finished a F3. This video is a little older but shows the problem really well.

https://youtu.be/9arBo21wnJg?t=675

Check video at 11:20.
    Starts at the 11 minute mark https://youtu.be/9arBo21wnJg?t=675
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Some dealerships are just dishonest and they are the ones that hopefully won't be around long. Just gives the brand a bad name. I would think that Can-Am would be more selective on their dealerships. I hope you contacted Can-Am about that dealership as they need to know about their shady business practices. Please keep us informed on what they find wrong with your Spyder.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    " Didn't disclose this bit of info " ... ..... If they in any way led you to believe they were selling You a NEW Spyder .... I'd call your State Attorney General ...tomorrow .... may be they will NOW honor the Warranty you expected came with the purchase ..... Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Have your bike insurance company pay for the trailing to the dealership just a thought!

Deanna
    In MN, and just about every other state, it remains a new vehicle until it is registered. BRP requires the dealers to start the warranty on any vehicle put in the loaner program. The sales manager should have disclosed that to me.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    Some dealerships are just dishonest and they are the ones that hopefully won't be around long. Just gives the brand a bad name. I would think that Can-Am would be more selective on their dealerships. I hope you contacted Can-Am about that dealership as they need to know about their shady business practices. Please keep us informed on what they find wrong with your Spyder.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    " Didn't disclose this bit of info " ... ..... If they in any way led you to believe they were selling You a NEW Spyder .... I'd call your State Attorney General ...tomorrow .... may be they will NOW honor the Warranty you expected came with the purchase ..... Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Have your bike insurance company pay for the trailing to the dealership just a thought!

Deanna
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    It may be worth you while to check your states LEMON LAW.
    Not really any issues there. If motorcycles were covered under the Lemon laws in MN/IA it would have to be a repeat (3X) issue(s).
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow! Replacing the whole gear box .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Wow! Replacing the whole gear box .
    I was a bit surprised at that myself.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

Spyder Garage

I replaced mine on my 2016 before this trip bike had 16000 it had red dust but on the trip I was out in Medford Oregon on the way my drive belt got to smelling hot. Seemed ok if I drove under 70 mph. The dealer there did give me much hope to getting in. That was Friday so I stayed the weekend with family. Then took off north up to Bend Oregon the can am dealer there opened tues morning so we were waiting for them lol They were nice enough to get me in and change the belt BIG thanks to Hunter at Pro Caliber and his mechanic for getting it done so we well hit the road again in the morning working our way back to ND
    ND Rider
    2016 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Just took my 2018 F3T to shop red dust all over front sprocket. A little over 16000 miles. Checked regularly last check right after a trip to Arkansas and back about 1500 miles. Hope they warrenty it.