Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RTL Rear Suspension too Stiff

Is there a way to adjust the rear suspension on a 2020 RTL? It is so stiff I am almost bouncing out of the seat at times. You can hear the compressor adjusting. I am use to the Bladder for suspension on my old 2010 RTS. Any thoughts. Thanks in advance.
    W5MWI

USN Vet - RM1
    Member: VFW & American Legion

2020 Spyder RT-L - Jupiter Metallic Blue Chrome

Spyder Garage

Are you sure that your suspension isn't actually bottoming out rather than too stiff?? What you're describing could well be due to bottomed out suspension, & if the air compressor is going all the time or even just often, that might be due to a leak or faulty valve, so it could the air bag's being over-worked, or not doing it's ride height thing properly either!!

If you can reach in there, put a zip tie tightly around the shocker shaft just above the shock body, then ride for a bit, get a couple of those harsh bumps into it.... Stop & look at where the zip tie is - if it's tight enough on the shaft, it'll stay at the shocker's 'most compressed' position, so if the zip tie's not somewhere in the middle upper section of the shaft, but is instead forced waay up high &/or pushed onto the stop, you're bottoming out the suspension, it's not the suspension being too stiff!

Over to you!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

My 2020 Rt Limited had the same problem. they had to change the switch.
    A friend also had this problem they forgot to connect the switch lever.
    They can adjust it in the Buds.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

We have a 2020 RTL with about 1500 miles on it It is our third Spyder and it is by far the best riding one yet and i feel no need to add a sway bar like the other two RTs.

Spyder Garage

We have a new 2020 RT Limited that has about 200 miles.. It's a blast to ride, but I've noticed that the suspension also seems a bit stiff. I have not heard the compressor and the last few times I've received a "Suspension Fault" warning..?