Spyder Garage

Smile Ryker rear shock adjustment on 600 ACE

For the first few thousand miles I was slamming over potholes and bumps unavoidably with my rear tire on my 600 Ryker and figured the rough slam could only be helped by upgrading the rear shock. The manual says the rear shock setting is at #1 for single riders weighing less than 200 lbs. I think. Anyways, I am at 200, gear and all and grew tired of what felt like bottoming out and the jarring slam. Well, even though it seemed that I would make matters worse, I set the sucker at #3 and got happy. A few miles later I set it at #5 and am so pleased with the ride that I wish there was a #6.

Spyder Garage

I found the factory front and rear settings on my Rally to be too soft; and I only weigh 175 fully suited. Increasing pre-load on both ends improved my riding experience significantly. I no longer feel like one of my kidneys is going to be forcibly ejected out through my bum.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

I had this issue with my 900 ace. In fact it bottomed out so badly the max mount made contact with the fender and left marks on it. I adjusted the preload but I couldn't tell you if it would have prevented it from happening again, I'm a 225 lb rider solo with shad case top case and max mount. Even with the FOX suspension their preload settings were extremely soft, I was nose diving when I would apply the brakes and felt way too squishy, I've since added preload to all 3 shocks and its riding better than it ever has.

Spyder Garage

After hitting bottom , often, adjusted rear shock to max(5). So much better! I go 240 and have two hard bag, on the side and a large case on max mount. Carry lot's of gear, also.