Spyder Garage

Default cruise control on f3

I have a question and need your help. Im adding cruse control to my 2018 F3. I have already order the part. can I just take off the cruse control switch and place on the the one already on my F3? my understanding under the black cover is all the "guts" needed for the cruse control. If not any tips on installing the new RH switch?
    2018 F3 , Black on Black

Spyder Garage

You will have to replace the entire switch. I tried taking one apart to just get the button and stuff. There does not appear to be a way without ruining the thing. You will have to take right side tupperware off, the tupperware around the switch, and rear of windshield attachment? Not sure what it is called. Trace wires and plug new harness into receptacle from main harness.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Didn't one of the members here modify the non cruise switch to operate the CC a couple of years ago?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

thanks for the info. I just finished it up all works well. great advice
    2018 F3 , Black on Black