Spyder Garage

Default Why Not Two New Stickies

Why not create two new stickies that could be entitled Tires and Oils? Each new sticky could be nothing but a compilation of links to the gazillion posts we have on each topics. Might save a bunch of folks a lot of time. Thank you.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Jay, I'd be very happy if you'd pull those gazillion links together & start a new thread for them so that we can maybe make it a sticky, just like Illinois Boy did waaay back in June 2012 with the "Do's & Do Nots" thread!

But at least from my point of view, it's a matter of finding/having the time to search them all out, pull all the links together, and post them up in a meaningful way.... I have enough 'other stuff' going on/to do without adding to the (seemingly never ending ) list I already hafta contend with! However, I can certainly make time here to 'stick' your thread, once it's created & posted, if we get the go ahead to do so.... and I see no obvious reason that would preclude that!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Jay, sounds like you should get the “go ahead” before you spend a minute putting a thread together. Wouldn’t that just suck if you put the gazillion posts in one thread and the post police said no?

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Jay, sounds like you should get the “go ahead” before you spend a minute putting a thread together. Wouldn’t that just suck if you put the gazillion posts in one thread and the post police said no?
    I think that's a pretty defeatist attitude, Ann!

The wider Forum Community here would certainly benefit from such a thread, even if it wasn't a sticky!! And just like Illinois Boy did waaay back in 2012, all it takes is for someone to kick it off, but there NEEDS to be such a thread BEFORE it can be made a sticky!!

Without someone ever starting such a thread, there is a 100% surety that there will NEVER be such a sticky, but if someone has the time & patience to start such a thread, there's probably as much as a 99.89999% chance that it will become a Sticky!

But it has to be created BEFORE it can be made a Sticky, so everyone can sit back and moan about there not being such a Sticky, or even complain that it's all too hard cos the so called 'Post Police' will continue doing their job; or maybe, juuust maybe, some brave & dedicated person who sees & recognises the need could take a leap of faith and start such a thread in the hope that it will be made a Sticky! And if some willing person did that, then I'm sure that all of your so-called 'Post Police' would be pushing for that to happen even harder than the rest of you, cos while you can choose not to read/be involved in a thread if you don't want to be, and you can sit back & reap the benefits of having it all handed to you on a plate, us 'Post Police' were stupid enough to raise our hands to commit a helluva lot of our time and energy to, between us, reading everything that hits the boards here, and basically helping to keep this place running as well as it does!

How many spammers have you noticed on the Forum lately? Has the place been swamped with unsolicited adverts from all sorts of places for stuff you aren't ever going to be interested in? Do you get hundreds of unsolicited emails or PM's from people who have no interest in anything but selling you crap or ripping you off?? Do you see many name calling bun-fighting storm in a kindergarten sandpit fights going on here?? And specifically for you Ann, does every one of your adverts, or the 'Squared Away will be in....' threads, or any of those 'gathering organising' threads created by others that help your business so much... do they all get de-railed &/or degenerate into a bun-fight so that they're pretty much useless to you in telling people when & where you're going next & what/when your doing laser alignments anywhere/time? They don't, do they?! Do you all think any of that happens by magic, or any of the other myriad of stuff that keeps this Forum running that occurs mainly 'out of public view' just miraculously occurs all on it's lonesome? The people you label 'Post Police' work BLOODY HARD here, some devote waaay more time to it than me, and it's mainly behind the scenes stuff too, just so everyone in the broader SpyderLovers Forum Community can benefit from the Forum & all the shared knowledge & experiences amongst us - is it too much to ask that someone else besides those who've been so rudely labelled 'Post Police' might commit to doing something for the Forum too??

Someone famous once said (& I'm para-phrasing here..) "All it takes for great evil to be done, is for good men (or women) to do nothing!" Same thing applies Forums!

I'm very pleased that Jay has made the suggestion; I think it's a fantastic idea that we DO create such a sticky for each of those topics, but like I said earlier, it's NOT going to happen unless SOMEONE creates the thread first. Any volunteers?!? Or are you all going to take the same attitude Ann expressed and decide that you'd better not do anything about it because the people who are working their butts off to keep the place running FOR YOU (& Lamont ) might not be able to snap their fingers and make it happen overnight?!? At least Jay had enough guts to make the suggestion, how about a bit of support for him in getting it started?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-30-2020 at 02:20 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Why not create two new stickies that could be entitled Tires and Oils?
    Might be a bit confusing if they were both entitled Tires and Oils.

Maybe call one Tires and Oils and call the other one Oils and Tires?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    Might be a bit confusing if they were both entitled Tires and Oils.

Maybe call one Tires and Oils and call the other one Oils and Tires?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Ah, my failure to say Tires and Oils, respectively!

Peter, thank you for your response; it's excellent food for thought. My introduction to SpyderLovers came at just the right time, for me anyway, at the introduction of the 1330 ACE engine and the end of the ultrasoft Kenda rear tire fiasco that ended with the better tire post week 2814. Perhaps an even deeper dive might be a sticky on how to use the search function. I prefer to teach someone how to fish.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S