Spyder Garage

Question Buzzing sound on left side

Intermittent buzzing coming from beneath plastic under left hand side below wind deflector....what’s in there? No codes up 2015 RT SE 6

Spyder Garage

My first thought here in Arizona would be rattle snake. I hope its not. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

So the sound appears after moving the handle bars left or right when riding two up...no codes up...is there a power steering pump?

Spyder Garage

These Spyders DO have 'electric power steering', but there's no power steering pump as such! How loud is this buzzing sound??

Are you sure your noise isn't the compressor for the ride-height airbag? The 'source location' of noises like this can be quite deceptive when you're sitting on your Spyder with the engine running, and that's especially so if you've got a helmet on!!

The compressor is under the pillion seat, and it only operates with the engine running & someone on the rider &/or pillion seat; but it can operate at the slightest change in position or movement from a rider/pillion, or if the ride height varies due to something like turning the handle bars.... And, the air bag ride height system, the ACS, is also juuust a little problematic & prone to leaks & failures that may result in sporadic &/or random compressor operation. I've had more than just a few owners swear to me that they have a noise coming from 'below the dash' when it's actually (& definitely!) turned out to be the compressor doing its thing for whatever reason, and that's definitely a fair bit further back than 'below the dash'!?! Worth checking?!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-05-2020 at 08:38 AM. Reason: &/or
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

x2
    2012 RTL , Pearl