Spyder Garage

Default Genius Maps question

As we started learning about the Genius Maps on the new 2020 RTL we found we needed to purchase a Pro Guidance Package to proceed. Now it says we need to purchase a vehicle connectivity package. Is this correct? How much more will I need to buy?

Spyder Garage

That will be all unless you want to buy coverage for other parts of the world.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

The Vehicle Connection Package purchase allows Genius maps to work through the BRP Connect system. It's also how Genius maps keeps a roof over their heads.

The Pro Guidance Package enables turn-by-turn voice instructions in your language, automatic rerouting, speed limit alerts, POI along the route and unlimited map updates for a selected region.

The good thing is map updates are lifetime free, and they use the same navigation database sources as Garmin.

Spyder Garage

I appreciate the replies. I was afraid it was some kind of scam and it was going to end up costing me a couple thousand! LOL. This forum is very helpful since every dealership I’ve been to (and it’s been quite a few) don’t have a clue.