Spyder Garage

Default Sattellite Radio

Wanting to add satellite radio to my 2020 F3-T. Is it doable? Where would you mount it? If doable, is accessing power and existing speakers complicated?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Any of the aftermarker XM receivers (stand alone units) will work fine. I have one on my 2018 RT and I know of at least one 2020 RT owner who has one. Mr. jetfixer has his mounted to the handlebars on his 2020 RT. You could do the same as the 2020 RT and all F3 handlebars are set up the same. Wire it to a switched source (or directly to the battery as long as you remember to turn it off) and run the antenna anywhere you wish. Easy peasey lemon squeezy.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Any of the aftermarker XM receivers (stand alone units) will work fine. I have one on my 2018 RT and I know of at least one 2020 RT owner who has one. Mr. jetfixer has his mounted to the handlebars on his 2020 RT. You could do the same as the 2020 RT and all F3 handlebars are set up the same. Wire it to a switched source (or directly to the battery as long as you remember to turn it off) and run the antenna anywhere you wish. Easy peasey lemon squeezy.
    .... I don't know where your Aux. receptacle is, mine was in the rear trunk ( 2014 RT ) .... I moved it to my glovebox and made a cradle for the XM receiver ( see pics in my albums ) ..... all you do is connect the plugs ( they are color coded for the receiver ) the antennae base has a magnetbut you could use Velcro .... depending on where you live, the angle for the satellite may cause brief signal drop-outs ( 2 to 15 seconds ). But unlike radio reception which when you lose the signal - it's GONE .... the xm will come back clear .... I have Sirius and only pay $ 5.00 per month ( 6 mo. at a time = $30 ) ...............Mike

Spyder Garage

My Aux. plug was in my trunk on the RTL. I just kept it plugged in and had the power head velcro to the trunk itself. The Aux. plug powers up and down with the ignition key. I mounted the antenna to the top of the trunk case next to the lid with velcro. The antenna wire is small enough to just run directly over the trunk lid lip without drilling any holes. The only downfall of this installation is you need to stop and access the trunk if you want to change stations. I never had an issue with this. On the positive side, everything is out of sight and in a waterproof environment. And, when I sold the Spyder, everything came off without leaving any marks or evidence that it was ever there....... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    My Aux. plug was in my trunk on the RTL. I just kept it plugged in and had the power head velcro to the trunk itself. The Aux. plug powers up and down with the ignition key. I mounted the antenna to the top of the trunk case next to the lid with velcro. The antenna wire is small enough to just run directly over the trunk lid lip without drilling any holes. The only downfall of this installation is you need to stop and access the trunk if you want to change stations. I never had an issue with this. On the positive side, everything is out of sight and in a waterproof environment. And, when I sold the Spyder, everything came off without leaving any marks or evidence that it was ever there....... Jim
    I did the same and added the Sena Bluetooth dongle so my wife gets the tunes in her helmet. I don't listen to music when riding, but the option is there for me.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

I do not (yet) own a Spyder, but after looking over a 2020 RT LTD today the USB & Mini Plug are co-located in the little glovebox/safety card area. Does the F3 Have this. Seem the logical place to put it. I plan on just listening to Sirus XM on my phone so had not looked into it.
    2020 RT LIMITED (Dark) , Caulk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Or you could Bluetooth it off your phone to get Satellite radio too.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I start the SiriusXM before starting bike. Wait for the FM to start playing then switch to Bluetooth where the XM gets going. Then plug the phone in and use BRP C to navigate and enjoy XM. It is a bit quirky though.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red