Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Can-am 2015 F3S Spyder, 6 speed manual transmission

Can-am 2015 F3S spider trike, 8,500 miles. UPDATED PRICE - $11,000. 6 speed manual transmission. Can-am saddle bags with mounts. Can-am Sissy bar. Custom Gustafsson 8" windsheild with Can-am windshield mounts. Large Tourmaster bag(attaches to sissy bar). Heel/toe shifter. Most important spider bolts on license plate and spider tire valve caps. Also has Can-am belt tensioner pulley. Everything is in excellent condition. Includes a full cover and a 1/2 cover. All aluminum trailer with folding ramp, led lights and alloy wheels sold separately, $2,000. Bike has one owner and driven only by me(old retired guy) very well taken car of, always under cover. Can-am states color as red, but it is actually Harley orange. Looks and rides like new. Reason for selling, I just don't use it, put less than 1000 miles on it in the last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-27-2020 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Forgot to put price in. PA - price update per post #8

Spyder Garage

How much? And what about your trailer??

Regards,
    Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Spyder Garage

Default Reply

Sorry, just added price. I'm kind of new to this site. Let me know if your interested. Trailer will be sold with bike or after bike is sold.
    2015 F3-S, Shad bags and mounts, Gustafsson windshield (tallest one) on Blueridge mounts, BRP passenger backrest, Large Tourmaster bag, Nelson Riggs RT cover, Spider license plate bolts and valve caps, drilled hole in key

Spyder Garage

Location of F3? If Fla, where?

And miles on bike?
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Sorry again, located in big state of RI
    2015 F3-S, Shad bags and mounts, Gustafsson windshield (tallest one) on Blueridge mounts, BRP passenger backrest, Large Tourmaster bag, Nelson Riggs RT cover, Spider license plate bolts and valve caps, drilled hole in key

Spyder Garage

8,500 miles on bike

Spyder Garage

Not getting much interest at the current price. How about $12,000? It really is a great bike.

Spyder Garage

Still not getting any action on this incredible machine. I'll reduce the price one more time to $11,000. Super deal on a like new bike.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-27-2020 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Price update in OP

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the ad input. Really is a great bike will continue to try to sell up here in RI. And if not, will try in Ft Myers Florida in October. Thanks again, Doug Kelsey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is this the 1330 engine?

Spyder Garage

Yes, the big engine. This is the full size bike in like new condition for close to the price of the much smaller one. Great looking and performance. Let me know if you would like to see/ride it. Keep in mind, that it has the manual transmission which is what I love about it having rode 2 wheeled bikes for 40 years prior to this one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Is this the 1330 engine?
    ALL the F3's (so far ) come with the 1330 ACE Triple Cylinder engine!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

for a five year old bike it's in nice shape!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

PM sent

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    ALL the F3's (so far ) come with the 1330 ACE Triple Cylinder engine!
    Thank you. I'm still very new to the world of Spyders. In fact we don't have one yet, which is why I'm looking. It's mainly for my wife, but both
    of us will ride it on occasion.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dougkelsey View Post
    Yes, the big engine. This is the full size bike in like new condition for close to the price of the much smaller one. Great looking and performance. Let me know if you would like to see/ride it. Keep in mind, that it has the manual transmission which is what I love about it having rode 2 wheeled bikes for 40 years prior to this one.
    I am interested, but have too much stuff going on right now to make it to the east coast. But I
    would be interested in making a trip to Florida if you haven't sold it by the time you head south.

Spyder Garage

I'll let you know, I generally am back in ft Myers for the winter starting end of October. Bike should sell down there. More retired former bike riders there.

Spyder Garage

If your looking for a manual shift this is your bike. Not that many manuals around. I'm in RI till end of October, then on to ft Myers for the winter. Let me know. I'll be driving down 95 end of October and can stop if someone is interested. I'm retired and have no schedule, but lots of time. Pretty good huh?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds good to me. We are also retired so time isn't that important. Does your Spyder have reverse? And if so, how does it work? Just like a car, i.e. pull the clutch, put in reverse, and let out the clutch
    with throttle? Is it very low geared in reverse?

We have a toyhauler and I want to reverse it into the garage so I can also take my VFR along.

Spyder Garage

Has reverse like a car. Pull clutch, push button, shift to reverse. Low gearing in reverse, don't really need to give gas, but you can. It's not like the HD reverse that's external to the transmission. This is a real reverse, works great, would be no problem backing it up a rv ramp, I've done it.

Spyder Garage

All Spyders have a 'proper' reverse gear Possible

It's sorta necessary because the front wheels make it hard to push in reverse & still steer; and most can't readily sit astride & put their feet on the ground to walk them backwards either!! They are a much 'better' Reverse gear than the 'starter derived' reverse gears on Gold Wings & many other trikes, and they are quite fast for reverse too.... can't remember the speed, but IIRC there's even a fairly old vid here somewhere of one (not widely copied) Ryder being juuust a little over-enthusiastic on the throttle & turns & flipping the Spyder he's ryding while in reverse at speed! I think it was his (now former) Boss's Daughter's Spyder too!

That one incident aside, they are really not at all that uncontrollable &/or ungainly while in reverse, I reckon it'd take a bit of talent (or something else??) to do that in the normal course of events/your normal reversing needs. But they do have a bit of a 'Ramp-Over' ground clearance issue that's particularly noticeable in reverse, so you might need a fairly long ramp to get the Spyder up & into an RV/Toy Hauler, or maybe a lift? And because of the weight transfer while reversing up anything, traction can be a bit of an issue at times - the rear wheel will have very little weight pushing it down onto the ramp/whatever & it'll hafta drag all the weight of the Spyder up the slope... But there are some (many?) who actually do this successfully using a variety of different methods & techniques. Blueknight911 here has made a set of dimpled metal ramps that look to work pretty well, I think you can check them out via his Profile & albums.

So don't let any concerns about Reverse gear hold you back! Just Do It!! You know you want to!! And most never regret joining the ranks of Spyder Ryding SpyderLovers & getting in on those richly deserved Miles of Smiles! So as others may have said (here & elsewhere) Go for it!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-13-2020 at 03:43 PM. Reason: in in on? Now just in on! ;)
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you for the information and encouragement Peter. It all sounds very do-able. My only concern, mostly anyway, is that I can fit it and my VFR into the garage in the toyhauler.
    I've done some measuring and it sure looks good.

My user name is odd because I couldn't really find anything that wasn't already in use. There must be a ton of registered users. LOL

Spyder Garage

Thanks for that explanation. I did have a small rv with a toy hauler ramp that was alittle steep. I just put a 2x6 under the end of the ramp and it did clear the bottom of the bike(just barely).

Spyder Garage

Is your bike still for sale?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LowellC View Post
    Is your bike still for sale?
    The OP is not regularly here .... I would PM or E-mail Him ...... Mike