Spyder Garage

Default Is there a video on Replacing the front belt pulley?

Is there a video of how to remove the belt and pulley on F3T ? If not do you have to remove the rear tire to get the belt off.
    2016 F3t se6 30000 miles and can see red dust on pulley.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Cannot find any Video. The belt slips off the rear sprocket rather easily. Likely not necessary to pull the wheel. If you have a idler arm on the belt, that will need removed or bungeed up off the belt.

frontsprocket.jpg
    frontsprocket2.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Thank you, part on order will replace sometime after the 4th July. Will try to make a video, how hard can it be to make a video? The socket might be a different story.

Spyder Garage

I did not remove the rear tire. Mine is an F3S - so my shock may be different than yours - but I was able to remove the lower shock bolt - jack up the Spyder at the furthest point back on the center frame rail (block the front tires). This allows the rear of the Spyder to lift and the swingarm/tire to stay on the ground. This loosens the belt and allows it to come off the rear sprocket.

I broke the pulley bolt loose BEFORE raising the Spyder and removing the belt so the belt tension held the pulley in place while breaking loose the pulley bolt. I did not take the pulley guard off as the instructions above state for what that's worth. My pulley was not wanting to pull off but wiggling it back and forth and being very patient with little pulls. Once off I used a wire brush drill bit to clean the shaft - then wiped it all down really good with acetone. Don't forget the Moly Paste (or if you follow the older instructions instead the Loctite 660 or 648). I was going to use the locktite but talked myself out of it. I figured the cost of the pulley wasn't that great and I'd rather the pulley fail again and need replaced than the shaft. When I put it all back together I tightened the bolt as much as I could before putting the belt on - but then put the belt on before torquing down the bolt.

Not saying my way is the right way - just saying - this is what I did on mine.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black