Spyder Garage

Default ABS/VCM from newer models in 2011 RT?

Hi,

Did anybody replaced their old ABS (VCM) BOSCH 8.0 unit with newer BOSCH 9? Older units tend to fail like mine (no pressure sensor data) and I'm thinking about installing unit from newer spyder.

I've disassembled my ABS and checked internal wires in ECU module and all wires are ok but pressure is not recognized. Either pressure sensor itself is damaged (usually small wires are detached from sensor) or ECU of ABS in fried. Either way, older units are prone to damage and it would be nice to install new one.

Spyder Garage

Quick update. I've contacted multiple companies which sepcializes in fixing ABS units and myself tried to repair mine with microscope. Unfortunately if there is no visible break in cables inside the unit (my situation), chips are probably damaged and there is no way to replace them.
    So, if you have C006C, C0044 and no pressure in buds there is high probability you should start looking for new (or used) ABS unit.

I've contacted bosch and they cannot sell abs unit directly to me. This means that only through can am dealer you can buy new abs unit. Also, reprogramming unit from another car is probably not possible but I haven't tried that either ... for now.

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-11-2023 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)