I have to respectfully disagree with those who would let a stranger, who is not familiar with a bike, NEVER ridden one, and is not properly trained take any bike of mine for a spin. What is the purpose of test riding? Is it to see if everything works as it should? How would this guy know? He knows NOTHING about Spyders. Having never ridden one, he would not know if it handles correctly or not. Is the test ride to see if he likes Spyders? As far as I'm concerned, do your window shopping elsewhere. There are some dealers who do demo rides and even places to rent a bike. But to have an inexperienced, uneducated person take off on MY bike? No thank you. If he is concerned about the bike functioning correctly, have him do a buyers inspection at his choice of dealership. He can then learn how to ride the bike when it is HIS. Most people with no Spyder experience and just coming off years of 2-wheel riding do not initially like how Spyders handle. This has been discussed on this forum many times. Why risk the sale on a prospective buyers very first exposure to the unique riding experience on a Spyder? I bought my last 7 bikes WITHOUT test riding them. I did my research and knew what I wanted. The only time there was ANY concern was ME learning the different riding technique for Spyders. It took me longer than most.

So, to each his own. No free rides at my house until the cash is in my hand..... Jim