Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster IPS Packrack installed with Can-Am/Shad saddlebags

Ok, using my F3-S for touring a couple weeks a year, I wanted more storage than the Shad bags allowed. Not liking the appearance of the Baker rack, I held off. I then saw the Lamonster IPS PackRack, and how it installed on the inside of the grab handles. That's a bonus as I wanted to retain those. A call to Jacob at Lamonster with some install concerns, I had a luggage rack on the way. Long story short, it's very cheap and easy to use the PackRack with the Shad bags. You simply replace the (4) .7" long x 5/8 OD x 1/4 ID outer spacers between the outer handle cap and Shad rack with spacers that are .5" long x 5/8 OD x 1/4 ID. These slightly shorter length spacers compensate for the extra thickness (.31") that the steel washer/rack side arm creates. The difference installed is only 2.5mm and makes zero difference. Loosening the (2) lower Shad mount bolts on each side also makes things easier. Since the ones at my local hardware store were plain steel, instead of painting them black, I simply wound them tight with good electrical tape. The are barely visible. I have a Kappa top case/plate on the way, but pix show the rack installed with the bags and large tail bag. It's gonna work great

** Picture #2 is narrower spacers with rack installed. Can't really see the spacers much. Picture #4 is OEM spacers without luggage rack installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

looks good , I may have to steal your idea .
    2019 f3-s , Blue

Spyder Garage

All about sharing the info

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I really like the idea of the packrack, but I think it is to big. Looks out of place on the back of the F3. If they made a smaller one I would buy in a minute.

Spyder Garage

Yup .. It is big. Mine will only be installed for trips with a Givi top case installed. I only have the Shad bags installed for trips. Only will take 10 minutes to take it off.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Yup .. It is big. Mine will only be installed for trips with a Givi top case installed. I only have the Shad bags installed for trips. Only will take 10 minutes to take it off.
    Looks like a good installation. Which Givi top case are you using and how are you attaching it to the rack?
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Has anyone got the Baker luggage rack that has the spyder cut out. Looks like it is smaller. How do you like it? What is the measurements?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    Looks like a good installation. Which Givi top case are you using and how are you attaching it to the rack?
    I ordered from here .. https://www.motostorm.it/en/luggage/sub-cases.html Best prices anywhere, even with $33 USA shipping. My 3rd order from them. I ordered a Kappa K56nt 56L top case and Kappa K636 case mounting plate. It will attach easily to the multiple points on the Packrack.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky