Spyder Garage

Default BajaRon or other vendors on Spyderlovers regarding PayPal

First, this has nothing to do with any vendor here, or any vendor selling Spyder products. In fact what I ordered using PayPal is pretty mundane.

I opened a dispute due to not receiving the product, and not receiving any response to my emails to the company for when I'd be receiving the product. I did wait the 15-20 days given to me by the company regarding when product would be shipped.

My first question is: Is the USPS tracking number issued electronically when the seller requests one from the USPS, without actually having sent the product? My USPS tracking number was created on June 9, and as of today, the USPS has still not received the product.

My second question is: Why would PayPal continue to allow the seller to use PayPal for payment when there are hundreds of negative reviews. The seller has at least 3 different names, and I googled each one, 99.9% are negative reviews for never receiving the product or a refund. There were many that disputed the charges and then escalated to a claim. Not everyone was happy with the result; in fact I found only two that were reimbursed by PayPal. To be honest, I got tired of looking and only checked one of the 3 names the company is known by, when actually looking for positive results from PayPal. All 3 companies originate in China.

I have initiated a dispute, and have escalated it to a claim. From now on, I'll only use my credit card for purchases.

Spyder Garage

Most of the disputes that end in a refund do not show up in the reviews as the feedback is turned off at that point.

Yes the USPS number is generated when the shipping label is generated. If its not in the USPS system, it was never shipped. Or at least never made it to the USPS for check in. If its being shipped from China, it will also have a China Post or Singapore Post tracking number which will allow tracking up to the point it reaches US Customs and is turned over to USPS. USPS tracking number does not show tracking until that point.

If this is the case, Paypal will likely find in your favor but it can take weeks to a month to resolve if the vendor does not respond to paypal's inquiries and they have to wait for the time to expire.

I have been through a few on shipments from china vendors and they always came out in my favor, eventually. As a backup plan I always pay for foreign shipments with a credit card inside of paypal. In the unlikely event paypal does not protect me, the bank will. Paypal also knows this and is MUCH more likely to find in your favor if they know you will just go to your CC company if they decide against you as that costs PP money.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Hey jcthorne, about PayPal....

I didn't add this to my previous post b/c I didn't think you'd look at it again.

Pitney Bowes is a shipping partner, but I was only given a USPS tracking number. Pitney Bowes picked up the package in Hawthorne CA on June 6, and finally today (June 30) I noticed it arrived in Bloomington CA, 63 miles away. However, the USPS still does not have the package. PayPal originally said they'd make a decision by July 2; but, today I noticed they changed it to July 5. I know what the end result will be; I'll receive the package by next year before we plant our flowers in May 2021. Lesson learned, and I'll make sure the next time I know where the business is actually located, before ordering. Also, I will never use my checking account as an alternate payment in PayPal. I'll take your advice and only use my C.C.

Spyder Garage

JC is accurate.

There are several 3rd party companies that contract with various shipping providers including the USPS. I use Stamps.com. And if you have their integrated system (which I do not use) there will be a Pitney Bowes connection. Though I do not think this unique to Stamps.com.

I am not clear if the package was shipped from China, or from California. This is just speculation on my part. But what it sounds like is that it shipped from China to a clearing house in California. If this is the case, they would be working together so a USPS shipping label was also generated at the same time. You get notification of your packaging being shipped from California, which, it eventually will. When the package arrives from China, it then goes into the USPS package and completes the trip.

Initially, it appears that the package is shipping from California. When, in fact, it is not. It buys the seller time before the buyer initiates action. They hope, by then, that they can get the item delivered and salvage the transaction. Not the most honorable way to do business. But, sometimes when it works, that's all they care about.

When you are paying with Paypal. You should always use a credit card. Do not use funds in your Paypal account, checking account etc. Paypal is pretty good about protecting the buyer. But using a credit card gives you one more layer of protection. If Paypal finds against you. You can then go to your CC company and file a charge-back.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 06-30-2020 at 09:18 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    ...You can then go to your CC company and file a charge-back.
    One very good reason to be cautious about using a debit card. I much prefer to minimize access to a checking account.
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SportsterDoc View Post
    One very good reason to be cautious about using a debit card. I much prefer to minimize access to a checking account.
    I agree. But I have no choice. To use Paypal in the manner needed. I have to give them access to my checking account. It hasn't been a problem so far. But it is always a possibility. They take your money and then you try to get it back. Good luck!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am no fan of PayPal and will 'never' use it gain, an unfortunate experience taught me a lesson. Those people are beyond reality; I know there are those that have a good experience with PayPal, and then there are that don't. That's all I have to say about that, no point in going into all the messy specifics.

Spyder Garage

BajaRon,

This ghosting of tracking numbers from USPS should be stopped. The USPS and PayPal know that the creation of a USPS tracking number is a stall tactic from some known businesses or disreputable businesses and never even ship the product. The USPS and PayPal (when involved) should give a time limit in which to deliver the product to the USPS. If not delivered, the tracking number is cancelled, and if the business wants another tracking number for the same order, they are charged again. And, PayPal should also crack down at their end with the business doing this; but, PayPal wants their money, so it continues.

Using covid 19 as an excuse for extra long ship times, is B.S. now. I have placed a number of other orders with reputable dealers, and have no problem with their ship, time and delivery.

On the Today Show they had a section on how businesses have taken advantage of covid 19 by continuing to make excuses for the customer not getting the product. They gave a phone number and the agency in charge of this type of fraud, but I didn't have pen and paper handy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    BajaRon,

This ghosting of tracking numbers from USPS should be stopped. The USPS and PayPal know that the creation of a USPS tracking number is a stall tactic from some known businesses or disreputable businesses and never even ship the product. The USPS and PayPal (when involved) should give a time limit in which to deliver the product to the USPS. If not delivered, the tracking number is cancelled, and if the business wants another tracking number for the same order, they are charged again. And, PayPal should also crack down at their end with the business doing this; but, PayPal wants their money, so it continues.

Using covid 19 as an excuse for extra long ship times, is B.S. now. I have placed a number of other orders with reputable dealers, and have no problem with their ship, time and delivery.

On the Today Show they had a section on how businesses have taken advantage of covid 19 by continuing to make excuses for the customer not getting the product. They gave a phone number and the agency in charge of this type of fraud, but I didn't have pen and paper handy.
    It is true that unscrupulous people will always take advantage of any process. I agree that you can print a label and eBay, Paypal, Amazon, Facebook, whatever, will show it as shipped. But it doesn't mean that anything has moved at all. But it isn't as cut and dry as you may think. For example, eBay gives me 1 business day to ship from date of payment. Some items I sell require the customer to tell me what they want. They pay but don't give me the information needed to ship their item. I print the shipping label to meet the eBay requirement. But it may take me several days of emailing the customer to get what I need to actually ship.

Another situation comes up where the customer wants item A and purchases from eBay. But then contacts me to purchase item B which is a special order item which I do not stock or have listed. He is fine with waiting the few days it takes me to get the item in. But I still have to print the shipping label to satisfy eBay. If these entities do what you suggest, it would curb nefarious practices. But it would also shut down honest transactions in the process. Every rule has unintended consequences, Usually, both good and bad.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 07-02-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Spyder Garage

Once PayPal got involved, I watched my order suddenly start moving, from CA to NJ to NY. My faith in PayPal has been restored.

Spyder Garage

I realize this post concerns paypal but I just have to ask. What the heck's going on when I order an item whether it's being shipped via UPS or Fedex, get the tracking info, it reaches a FEDEX or UPS location within 20 miles of my location and THEN is delayed another day because the item is turned over to USPS for delivery? FEDEX and UPS delivery vehicles are on my street EVERYDAY so what gives? Okay, my short rant is over.
    Thanks for reading...

Spyder Garage

It just saves UPS and Fedex money so their vehicles aren't tied up with small packages that USPS can handle, and they can handle more of the bigger stuff. But, you are correct, it delays you receiving the package by at least a day. Of course, I always get made when it is my package that gets delayed a day.