Spyder Garage

Default F3 Limited Antenna wire plug - any adapters to suit?

I took the top (rear) case off my 2018 F3 Limited. Love it - but now I have no radio antenna. I would love to put an after market antenna on there, but the antenna wire connection under the seat on the 2018 F3L is a shape I have never seen before. Are there any adapters out there that will allow for a standard auto antenna cable to plug into the F3 antenna receptacle?
    Five more states to go in the Continental USA. Hope to get there soon.

Spyder Garage

With 37 people looking at this post, and no comments, I can only assume there is no easy solution. So I ordered a new antenna cable assembly, antenna support, and antenna for a 2018 F3 Ltd. I did not want to disassemble the wiring and antenna from upper cargo box for fear I would forget how it goes back together, or I would break something. When the parts arrive, I will try to figure out where to mount the antenna. Possibly on the rear cargo carrier that I mounted behind the rear seat. I will update the post if I find a good solution that both works good and looks good.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Doesn't the F3T antenna mount to the left bag? Might be something to consider, mounting an antenna permanently there and ditching the one on the box. I think the new RTs have the same setup so you can remove the box and still have FM. (Or I could be all wrong.)

Spyder Garage

yes the antenna does go on the left side
    2019 f3t , titanium

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

F3T antenna set up. I use it as a flag pole and a pole dancer enhances it. I cannot find the parts needed in the fiche though.

rack.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Not hearing anything, I just bought a new antenna, cable and mount. I did not want to mount the antenna to anything that would still be there when I put the top rear case back on, so I mounted it to the side of the rear cover. See picture. Tested it. All works fantastic. Just wanted to let you know it works.

20200627_085323.jpg20200627_085337.jpg

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlueF3Ltd View Post
    Not hearing anything, I just bought a new antenna, cable and mount. I did not want to mount the antenna to anything that would still be there when I put the top rear case back on, so I mounted it to the side of the rear cover. See picture. Tested it. All works fantastic. Just wanted to let you know it works.

Glad this worked out for you I didn't comment earlier because I wasn't sure what I did would help. Years ago I broke the OEM antennae on 14 RT .... the reception wasn't good, so I tried a Bosche manual Auto antennae. This had the standard type plug / jack and it fit into my OEM radio in place of the OEM antennae...... right now my reception is three times better than it was .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I added a rack to my F3, and got a stubby antenna with it. Total garbage. Do you have a pic of the bosch antenna?

Spyder Garage

Just following up, if there are any suggestions for replacement of the stubby antenna which came with F3 aftermarket rack (which was needed for my givi box). I have the 2016 f3 ltd

Spyder Garage

I realize this is an old post and I would have been able to answer the OP's question IF it had been a current post. I should receive my 'adapter' tomorrow from Amazingzon; the funny looking connector is a Fakra Z connector....no, seriously, that is what they are called. I guess they are becoming the way to connect antennas on many new autos. I ordered two, a male and a female to insert an FM active booster in hopes of pulling in more stations. We'll see, hopefully by tomorrow!
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    I realize this is an old post and I would have been able to answer the OP's question IF it had been a current post. I should receive my 'adapter' tomorrow from Amazingzon; the funny looking connector is a Fakra Z connector....no, seriously, that is what they are called. I guess they are becoming the way to connect antennas on many new autos. I ordered two, a male and a female to insert an FM active booster in hopes of pulling in more stations. We'll see, hopefully by tomorrow!
    Looking forward to your results, the FM reception on my scooter absolutely sucks.
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BlueF3Ltd View Post

so you had to buy the piece ,that covers the spot where the topcase mounts, do you have part numbers for what you had to get to do that, i also want to take mine off, and get the cover that fits , mine is a 2020 f3L
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's