View Poll Results: Do you still have a regular motorcycle along with your Spyder ??

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Please specify)

50 50.00%
  • No

50 50.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Still have a 2014 Kawasaki Nomad 1700 I'm trying to sell. Just didn't feel comfortable on 2 wheels any longer. Not sure why it's not selling as it's got extras, is the final year of the Nomad (with a 1 year old paint scheme) and is $3k under KBB. Oh, well. I don't ride it much.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MonPaul View Post
    OK, I guess I have to be the one to ask, how many of you have forgot to put your feet down at a stop
    Not me.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

20200619_101346_HDR.jpg

Still need to get some gravel travel time
    2018 F3 Limited , Black on black

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Gosh, sometimes I wish I still had my Honda XR200.

That thing was fun to ride and bulletproof reliable.
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

No just 2 Spyder

Spyder Garage

I had an 86 Venture Royal.. loved it but the plastic was a problem. I had fixed all the lil nuances...shimmed the valves , h2o pump, 4 brush starter, rebuilt the 4 carbs, brakes and all the brake and clutch cylinders ,clutch slave cylinder , re did the air suspension circuit board, it was a great learning experience and rode like a dream. Tons of storage. Really an innovative bike for 86.
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

My other bike is a 2019 BMW R1250rt, my fifth BMW after many Harleys. Still love touring on two wheels in addition to the
    Spyder RT.... Still love riding and touring after 62 years of riding !!! My only bad habit.......

Spyder Garage

I've owned the Spyder for 2 months. In the past 2 months the rideable Harley has Not Been ridden. It's a Hard decision for the basically New 2018 StreetGlide to just sit. My Harley insurance is 2.5x more than the Spyder insurance. I need to get the HD out and put a few miles on it to decide If I should Sell It. I have a 1957 Panhead (original Suicide Clutch and Jockey Shift), this motorcycle will never be SOLD. It belonged to a "Brother" who was killed in 1978. If something happens to my Son the '57 will go back to Pruitt's Family. And last but not least I have a '71 Sportster that's 95% original. All Harley's I don't ride are Kick-Start bikes. My knees won't stand the pain of cranking any of them.

Spyder Garage

I owned a 2015 honda ctx700dctabs Naked that was set up for light touring. I loved that bike it got way better gas mileage than honda claimed. It got backed into with me opn it by a teenager on her cell phone. Her ins.totaled the bike and she who must be obeyed ruled that if I wanted to keep riding I had to get a 3 wheeler, She feels safer with me riding a three wheeler. So I own just a spyder.
    2011 rt , pearl white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by remus View Post
    I owned a 2015 honda ctx700dctabs Naked that was set up for light touring. I loved that bike it got way better gas mileage than honda claimed. It got backed into with me opn it by a teenager on her cell phone. Her ins.totaled the bike and she who must be obeyed ruled that if I wanted to keep riding I had to get a 3 wheeler, She feels safer with me riding a three wheeler. So I own just a spyder.
    I actually want one of those. What kind of mileage did you get. Was it easy to ride? The DCT sounds so appealing to me.

Spyder Garage

was easy tp ride. The version I had had 3 modes. a sport mode, the engine reved higher before shifting and an economy mode. I would ride MT. Lemon in sport mode and streets in economy. average mileage wa in the low 60's. getting as much as 75 mi to the gallon in economy mode. The biggest difference in engines between the C and a sport bike was that the engine was low reving. Redline was around 5k. The bike does feel underpowered compared to other 650 to 750 cc bikes. Great beginner bike or for someone who doesn't lioke to shift. The 3rd mode was a computer assisted shift, manual mode. You could override the automatic mode just by hitting the shift paddles for about 15- 20 seconds. Finally the shift paddles are reversed compared to the spider.
    2011 rt , pearl white

Spyder Garage

I have a CBR 600rr.

Spyder Garage

CBR 954RR this motorcycle has been with me for 5 years but I rarely go out, in a city less than 150 km/h is not comfortable and it is dangerous. But sometimes I can ride on the highway at 300 km/h.
    We are Russians, God be with us!

Spyder Garage

It's in my blood
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 RTL , white

Spyder Garage

Sold Honda Rebel 500 several weeks ago and have officially made the transition to three wheels.

Spyder Garage

I traded in one of my two bikes, a 650 cc BMW Maxi-Scooter, essential a fully automatic, CVT, motorcycle - to buy my F3-L. I'm very happy that I kept my '09 Honda Shadow Aero 750. As others have said, there's a lot more going on between the ears, riding on 2-wheels. But I still love the manual choke-to-start, manual shifting, the hand and foot brakes, no gas gauge. And most of all, LEANING into those "S" turns. I never used it for full day rides, but for a couple of hours, it's still a blast. And, it's a Honda. Enuf said.
    Shadow 1 copy_00001.jpg
    2019 Can Am F3 Limited

Spyder Upgrades/mods:
    F4 Windscreen,
    Ultimate seat and Driver's backrest,
    Lamonster Fog lights,
    Lamonster Brake Rod kit,
    CanAm Short Reach Handlebar

Other Current Bike: 2009 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Past Bikes:
    2018 BMW C650CT
    2013 BMW C650GT
    2011 Honda SH150i
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Hey Paul a buddy of mine has one Venture... when the engine went south on it he found a V-MAX and put that engine in it, fastest damn Venture you ever saw
    They are virtually the same motor with a few tweaks to it( like the V Boost). I have had singles parallel twins 3s 4s flat 4 flat six, inline 6 but that V4 Yammie is my favorite motorcycle engine.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Yes sir----- Just be pointed in the right direction when the V-boost hits
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I sold my Victory Cross Country after getting the F3, it took a few months but I'm looking for a lighter two-wheeler to ride strictly one-up.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black

Spyder Garage

2015 Stryker Bullet Cowl (vstar/yamaha)

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yes, I have my 2016 F3T and a 2010 yamaha vmax. I got an offer on a 2018 kawasaki ZX14R last week that is almost too sweet to refuse. But I am thinking that if I ever get rid of the Vmax, it will be for a 2018 and up goldwing (F6B version).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I sold my 2012 Road Glide Ultra to buy my Spyder but I kept my Dyna Super Glide. I love my Dyna and I never plan to sell it.
    2015 RTs , Black

Spyder Garage

I also have a 1400GTR (C14), 1000GTR (C10) and a Triumph 900Thunderbird.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

I rode dirt bikes from 11 years old into my early 20's and a few years back I decided to get back into riding so I bought a used CBX 500 with the idea being I could use it on the roads, take it up to the UP to bomb the two track and ATV trails, and to illegally ride on the goat paths in the local forest preserves......In any event it was fun to be riding again, my only issue was that my wife would not get on the bike with me for all the tea in China and I'm just talking local jaunts.
    That brings me to the F3L, we were on a sled trip a year and half ago and one of my buds was looking to trade his old ST for a F3L and he was showing us the brochure and the light bulb went off, came home a week later and asked the wife if she would get on the three wheeler with me, and with that I traded the CBX on the F3L.

The transition to three wheels was pretty natural as I ride sleds 4,000 miles a year and am still an aggressive rider, but what you can't do on these three wheelers is side saddle a corner like you can a sled or lean like on a two wheeler, with that said I'm keeping my eye out for a used Vulcan S to ride locally as I really don't need an adventure bike because at 60+ I'm getting to old to be running from the tree cops in the forest preserve........
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Uh...yeah. I have an indulgent wife.BikeShop-FB.jpg
    2015 F3 S , Can Am Red