Spyder Garage

Default accessory installation for 2020 RT

We are planning to get the driver backrest, passenger armrests, and the auxiliary light. Should we pay for installation at dealer or are they pretty easy to install?

Spyder Garage

Pretty easy to install.
    Having said that, it should be pretty easy for your dealer to install also, and shouldn't cost much extra.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Like everything on these things there's going to be some panel removal going on there, so if your cool with all of that it should be a easy thing! Good luck!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Pretty easy to install.
    Having said that, it should be pretty easy for your dealer to install also, and shouldn't cost much extra.
    Ease or not they go by BRP rated time estimates at expensive shop rates & DIY you get to know your bike better for the unexpected things that happen on the road just take your time , don’t get aggravated & brake something

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kokeshi View Post
    We are planning to get the driver backrest, passenger armrests, and the auxiliary light. Should we pay for installation at dealer or are they pretty easy to install?
    My dealer installed the rider backrest and Garmin GPS mount at no charge. Although the GPS Mount had no power when I got home to try it. I had to do it over, the polarity was reversed, so obviously the Dealer never checked it. I guess you get what you pay for.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Back rest was easy, except for the L shape bike support, but that was on me. The the front aux light is pretty much plug and play, arm rests, that a dealer shop job.

Spyder Garage

The backrest and auxiliary light are pretty easy to install. Even a Caveman can do it. I don't know about the passenger armrests.

*** Note*** Has your passenger sat on one with the passenger armrests? My understanding is that it could be a little difficult to get on and off with them. A few people on here have gotten them and then took them off because of that. It could be a costly mistake.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Including the accessories in the OTD price is a good idea to see how much the dealership will include to have a satisfied customer. It might also give you some leverage if there is more than one dealership within reasonable shopping distance. Create a spreadsheet and list everything to get a bottom line number and shop it hard.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    The backrest and auxiliary light are pretty easy to install. Even a Caveman can do it. I don't know about the passenger armrests.

*** Note*** Has your passenger sat on one with the passenger armrests? My understanding is that it could be a little difficult to get on and off with them. A few people on here have gotten them and then took them off because of that. It could be a costly mistake.
    It is indeed tight for the passenger to mount and dismount, why o why BRP did not have them fold up is beyond me. I had nothing to go by when I had the dealer install because the wife wanted them for our TN trip and mountain carving, so it is what it is. If I had it to do over, I might wait for an after market. But I did get an OEM set very reasonable from a rider that removed his for the very reason it was too tight for his passenger.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Including the accessories in the OTD price is a good idea to see how much the dealership will include to have a satisfied customer. It might also give you some leverage if there is more than one dealership within reasonable shopping distance. Create a spreadsheet and list everything to get a bottom line number and shop it hard.
    x 2 There is enough markup in accessories that the dealer has a bit to play with here. You should be able to work out some kind of "install" deal if you so desire.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Install is a big deal unless you're one of those that enjoys that mechanical stuff and it's therapeutic, and is nimble. Installation of accessories takes a lot of patience and time. One little screw up is demoralizing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    One little screw up is demoralizing.
    Yes, it is.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    x 2 There is enough markup in accessories that the dealer has a bit to play with here. You should be able to work out some kind of "install" deal if you so desire.
    Unless the dealer is one of those who thinks 1 customer doesn't matter. (previously discussed) If that's the case, it doesn't matter what you do or say. Still, can't hurt to ask.

Spyder Garage

The light is probably the easiest to install accessory that BRP sells! Took me all of 5 minutes. The backrest should be another easy install. The armrests? Sounds like some work. Let the dealer do the armrests. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Unless the dealer is one of those who thinks 1 customer doesn't matter. (previously discussed) If that's the case, it doesn't matter what you do or say. Still, can't hurt to ask.
    When we get to this point, IMO, time to find another dealer if possible. No one likes being treated like do do, and you even end up paying them for that.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all your replies. I will definitely see (as best I can) if the armrests will be comfortable before installing.

Spyder Garage

My wife has always got on the drivers seat and slid back to her spot and has no prob on the 20. She really likes the uptick on the front of the arm rests and finds them very comfortable.

Spyder Garage

You can go to the owners section on the BRP web page and review the installation instructions to determine the ease or difficulty of the installation.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey Woods by golly, that's a good tip, I'll pass that along to the wife.

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all.

Spyder Garage

We got the auxiliary light installed. My husband even bought one of those torx ratchets to make sure it was tightened right, like it said in the instructions. Is there anything that needs to be hooked up, like a wire connection? The auxiliary light doesn't come on.

Spyder Garage

Yes there is a wire behind the plate. Plug it in, screw in the light and it should be all set

Spyder Garage

We snapped the light unit into the wired recepacle, then put the 4 screws into the holes to attach it to the bike. Are we missing something, or did we just get a bad light?

Spyder Garage

We snapped the light unit into the wired recepacle, then put the 4 screws into the holes to attach it to the bike. Are we missing something, or did we just get a bad light?
    It only works with the motor running.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

The 2020'S are a lot easier to work on than the earlier RT's. Lower light in front is a plug and play with four screw to install, no drilling. Arm rest could be a little tougher you have the two side panels to remove that is where the arm rest mounts.
    Is it's BRP parts installed by a dealer tech that you should have warranty coverage on the parts also.

Good luck
    SpyDerred15