Spyder Garage

Default 2015 RT-S air box hose re-connection - How?

I pulled the frunk out a bit so I could change the fog lamps to LEDs. This meant disconnecting the air box hose. I'm trying to put everything back together again and I can't get the air box hose back onto the opening on the air box. Does anybody have a helpful tip on how to get this hose back on correctly?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-20-2020 at 08:53 PM. Reason: This is a 'How do I?' not a 'How to:' diy explanation....

Spyder Garage

If you loosened it only at the top at the air box, the correct place, you just have to wrestle it back on. Be certain the large hose clamp has plenty of slack in it. It isn't difficult; just takes some fiddling.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Leave off the clamp.

Buy a cotter key removal tool and use it to carefully guide the rubber boot on. For me, takes about 30 seconds max. The tool does the work.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trgoldb View Post
    I pulled the frunk out a bit so I could change the fog lamps to LEDs. This meant disconnecting the air box hose. I'm trying to put everything back together again and I can't get the air box hose back onto the opening on the air box. Does anybody have a helpful tip on how to get this hose back on correctly?
    been there done it a few times ..... then I realized that connection doesn't have to be made " air tight " ..... the Throttle body doesn't know where the Air comes from ( and doesn't care ).... I don't have the " rubber elbow " at all ( see my pic in my albums ) and have run it this way for well over 45,000 miles ..... good luck ...... But if you are determined to get it on - rub a little dish detergent on the edge of the " elbow " and that will assist islipping it on ..... good luck ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

You can also try a small amount of hand sanitizer. It dries rather quickly so that once it goes in place it does not tend to pop back off before you get the clamp set.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    You can also try a small amount of hand sanitizer. It dries rather quickly so that once it goes in place it does not tend to pop back off before you get the clamp set.
    Interesting idea.

Honestly though, I have never had an issue getting the duct to slide onto the airbox because of friction, was always getting it aligned and slipped over the airbox spigot rather than folding and pinching itself.

Spyder Garage

I just did mine today. Loosen the clamp by quite a bit. Spray some silicone lube around the plastic air box. Work the bottom side on first. It’s not a snap but it’s not bad.