Spyder Garage

Default Another nice road trip

So I took myself for a little ride to Fairchild AFB this afternoon. A little breezy on I-90, so my arms got a good work out. Riding into the wind kind of sucks. Forgot to bring my mask, and the Base Commander directed masks must be worn inside all facilities, so I just rode around for a little bit and left.

Then I rode into Spokane. Traffic was kind of crazy. Coming onto Sunset Hill from the airport, WHAT!!!!! One stretch of that road nearly shook what little teeth I have left out of my jaw bones. I managed to catch every green light from Maple St to Division St. I love when your speed is synced to the traffic lights.

Rode around in Spokane for a while, then decided to head home. Tried my luck going up Sunset Hill this time. (I must be a glutton for punishment). That side of the road was actually pretty nice.

Got onto I-90 from Geiger Blvd. I was riding with the wind this time so it was pretty nice. At least until I hit the construction zone just west of Cheney. There was a car in front of me and a cattle hauler in front of him. Open air riding suddenly took on a whole new meaning. Nothing can quiet compete with the delightful aroma of Cow Country. "Merica..... (Note to self, avoid trailing cattle trucks in the future.)
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Just a quick side note. I actually live about 60 miles west of Spokane, WA.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

And remember when you are following one of those horse trailer where there packed in the trailer tight and there butts are hanging out over the back,, look out for the lifting tails!!!!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I am glad to see someone having as good a time as you are.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    And remember when you are following one of those horse trailer where there packed in the trailer tight and there butts are hanging out over the back,, look out for the lifting tails!!!!!!
    I was in traffic in my truck one day when a guy in an expensive (convertible) sports car started coming up behind. He was in and out of traffic, switching lanes and trying to make sure everybody saw him. Then he made -- the move. Pulling up to a stop light he pulled in next to a cattle hauler and became boxed in. From my perspective several vehicles back I could see what was going to happen. Sure enough before the light changed the flow from the hauler started, and that cow had the scours. He began hopping around in the seat flailing his arms and yelling but there was nothing any of the other cars could do until the light changed. About a block down the road I passed him off on the shoulder trying to take his tie off over his head without untying it.

Karma!
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow