Spyder Garage

Default Headlight problem

My left LED headlight went out so I replaced the bulb and it still doesn't work. I tried 2 new bulbs, the right one works so I doubt it's a fuse any ideas?
    2022 marsala red RTL
    AND

2014 RT S SE-6 COGNAC, 2010 RT 622 TRAILER TIMELESS BLACK
    BRP trailer hitch, Utopia back rest, Baja Ron sway bar , heim links. Elka stage 2 shocks front and rear.
    TricLed fender lights, saddlebag lights and mirror lights. LED headlights and fog lights, Wide vu mirrors.
    spyderpops LED bumpskid ,zippered cargo bag linings, Laser Alignment by Netzleys Tire, Stebal air horn
    stant gas cap,( Dimple oil plugs REMOVED ) JT dash mount.
    (Onboard) Lamonster Garage air compressor and intelliboost charger.

Spyder Garage

I'm sure this doesn't apply to your situation, but my story is sort of similar:I took delivery of a new 2020 RTL a couple weeks ago and within the first day of riding noticed that my right front turn signal was not working. The running light on the fender was also out. Took a week and a half to get an appointment with the dealer. Turns out the tech never plugged the light in when they did their initial setup prior to delivery. It didn't occur to me to check all the lights before I took delivery. Lesson learned.

Spyder Garage

Default Headlight problem

I have a 2014 RTS, my right led headlight went out so I called and got replacement set, I changed the bulb and it still doesn't work.I tried both new bulbs and it is plugged in and locked the right way. The left works so I doubt it's a fuse.
    ANY IDEAS WHAT IT COULD BE ?
    2022 marsala red RTL
    AND

BRP trailer hitch, Utopia back rest, Baja Ron sway bar , heim links. Elka stage 2 shocks front and rear.
    TricLed fender lights, saddlebag lights and mirror lights. LED headlights and fog lights, Wide vu mirrors.
    spyderpops LED bumpskid ,zippered cargo bag linings, Laser Alignment by Netzleys Tire, Stebal air horn

Spyder Garage

Are you saying you replaced the burned out LED headlight with a replacement LED headlight or did you replace it with a halogen? If you replaced it with a LED bulb is it possible you got the polarity reversed? Try a halogen in the right and if it works you got the LED polarity reversed.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Are you saying you replaced the burned out LED headlight with a replacement LED headlight or did you replace it with a halogen? If you replaced it with a LED bulb is it possible you got the polarity reversed? Try a halogen in the right and if it works you got the LED polarity reversed.
    The plug has a lock together clip on only one side and its locked in so not sure how the polarity would be reversed. Maybe the burnt out bulb isn't bad and its another problem.
    2022 marsala red RTL
    AND

Spyder Garage

I replaced my Halogen bulbs on my RT with LED ones..fitted them the way they looked they should go and they didnt work... you can just turn the plugs around on the led bulbs as they can fit both ways. I pulled my plug out..turned them 180 degrees and refitted them ..bingo they work!.. So if its a bulb just try unplugging turn it around and replug it in..could be a polarity problem.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderryder53 View Post
    The plug has a lock together clip on only one side and its locked in so not sure how the polarity would be reversed. Maybe the burnt out bulb isn't bad and its another problem.
    swap with Rh side test all bulbs on known working side. Label/mark bulbs somehow help keep yourself organized. Inspect if spade blades are tight & same size, if had any trouble putting led in may have spread connections & vibrations eventually made worse. &or the blade went behind the connector not in. Happens all to often in tight spaces.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Take a multi tester and check these burnt out bulbs for continuity to see if they are really gone so your not chasing your tail!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Ok EVERYBODY that said it was a polarity problem you were RIGHT
    When I said the plug only goes in 1 way that was the PLUGS to the Bike.
    The plug for the bulb does have a tip for locking it in on both sides.

I HAD IT IN BACKWARDS AND WHEN I TRIED A DIFFERENT BULB MUST HAVE PUT IT BACKWARDS AGAIN. THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR THE HELP
    2022 marsala red RTL
    AND

Spyder Garage

You were 100% correct thank you.
    2022 marsala red RTL
    AND

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Curlytops View Post
    I replaced my Halogen bulbs on my RT with LED ones..fitted them the way they looked they should go and they didnt work... you can just turn the plugs around on the led bulbs as they can fit both ways. I pulled my plug out..turned them 180 degrees and refitted them ..bingo they work!.. So if its a bulb just try unplugging turn it around and replug it in..could be a polarity problem.
    You were 100% correct I had it reversed, thanks
    2022 marsala red RTL
    AND

Spyder Garage

Great job. Thanks for letting us know the final outcome.
    L
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

In 2017, I had a headlight on the right side,that was brunt out, I replaced the headlights/fog lights with LED'S.

I have not had a problem since.

I have 2014RTS- SE6.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Ok. So i could use some help. 2015 F3S. Installed led headlights and they work fine until dusk when the headlights automatically adjust. They only work as high beams and wont turn off. 1 side actually went out. They are brand new bulbs. Didnt see a way to plug them in another way.
    3 hrs out of town in need of help.
    Keep your wheels down and your head up
    Be safe and ride hard
    2021 F3L , Black (for now)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodrich13 View Post
    Ok. So i could use some help. 2015 F3S. Installed led headlights and they work fine until dusk when the headlights automatically adjust. They only work as high beams and wont turn off. 1 side actually went out. They are brand new bulbs. Didnt see a way to plug them in another way.
    What exactly do you mean when you say the headlights automatically adjust at dusk??

Is there some after market headlight on/adjust kit that someone's added to your particular F3; or is it an 'auto on' option that we don't get here in Oz & that no-one else here has happened to mention yet??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I am probably incorrect, but have never heard of Spyder headlights having an automatic dimming feature.

When you mention high beams will not turn off, I take this to mean high beams will not switch to low beams as opposed to the headlights remaining illuminated after complete shutdown?

Spyder Garage

After checking my lights this morning, i realized that coincidentally my left light cut out as it was getting dark. I thought it was like my car. Daytime running lights and headlights when it gets dusk. I guess when the light went out, it became high beam only. Gonna take it apart after a lowes/ harbor freight trip and see how it goes before we head to Knoxville. Thanx guys.
    Be safe and ride hard

Spyder Garage

I see you posted your lights were fixed.

Don't know what the deal is, but several 2014's have experienced premature headlight failure. Mine included. The right hand side one burnt out twice. I finally replaced with LED's from custom dynamics.

Dealer did the install and overtightened the high beam/low beam flap. Result was I had one stuck on high beam. Loosened it up and it has been working well for about three years.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

After checking my lights this morning, i realized that coincidentally my left light cut out as it was getting dark. I thought it was like my car. Daytime running lights and headlights when it gets dusk. I guess when the light went out, it became high beam only. Gonna take it apart after a lowes/ harbor freight trip and see how it goes before we head to Knoxville. Thanx guys.
    Since you have the small DTRL setup, it will be both headlights and DTRL on once Spyder starts regardless of ambient light. High beams must be selected on.

When you have a bulb failure on an RT series, you will have failure of both low beam and high beam since the bulb is single element. OEM halogen bulbs are known to fail. Most people swap to LED bulbs. Be warned though, you must ensure the wiring inside the headlight assembly does not foul the movement of the high beam shutter, preventing it from properly moving. Upgrading the set of headlights is worthwhile and safer. You should consider buying proven quality LED setups since replacement is a bit involved but not impossible.

Spyder Garage

The problem i am currently trying to resolve is on a 2015 F3S. My right headlight went out and the left only worked as high beam. It would not switch to low beam. I appreciate any words of wisdom as i am trying to fix this out of town with none of my tools.
    Be safe and ride hard

Spyder Garage

My lights are LED
    Be safe and ride hard

Spyder Garage

I have an F3-S with LED's also. The only thing I can think of is that you might have a bad headlight switch on your handlebar cluster.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Replaced headlights and foglamps with led bulbs on 2014. Rt installed tricled 360 headlight bulb's and right bulb would not illuminate, when plugged left headlight assembly in right harness bulb would work , plugged hid bulb in would work. Started inspecting harness and polarity found connector inside cover at bulb wires in rong position in two pin connector from factory. Connector is marked positive and negative and the black wire(negative)was in the positive postion,reversed wires in connector and led bulb works like it should, on the left side connector the wires were in the correct postion. (Tricled 360 led headlight bulbs will fit inside cover with no cutting or mounting outside of cover)