Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Fable of the 2020 RT Handlebar

I have tried three different handlebars on my 2020 RT and I have finally found the right one. A member here generously sent me his F3 handlebar (Thank you JP58). This is the story of Goldilocks and the handlebars.

The stock 2020 RT handlebar was a tad too far
    The short reach handlebar was way too close
    The F3 handlebar was just right
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg

Spyder Garage

Side by side
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the information. The site members will appreciate it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Several of us 2020 Rt owners have but the F3 bars on.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the info and comparison photos. Can someone provide a part number or link to these F3 bars? I might be interested in giving them a try on my 2020 too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by japgen View Post
    Thank you for the info and comparison photos. Can someone provide a part number or link to these F3 bars? I might be interested in giving them a try on my 2020 too.
    I don't know the part number, but I know the handlebar off an F3T or F3 Limited will work. Maybe put a post in the FS/WTB group and see if anyone has an F3 handlebar they will sell you or give you.

Spyder Garage

For me, the F3 Attitude bars have done the trick. I needed my wrist angle to be different.

attitude bars.jpg
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

How many inches closer does it bring the grips to you in comparison to the stock bars?
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    How many inches closer does it bring the grips to you in comparison to the stock bars?
    There was no way to really measure it. Here's a photo showing the Attitude bar installed and the stock bar held in the approx. position. I'd say the grips are about 2 inches closer, buts it's more the angle of them for me.

handlebar comparison.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    There was no way to really measure it. Here's a photo showing the Attitude bar installed and the stock bar held in the approx. position. I'd say the grips are about 2 inches closer, buts it's more the angle of them for me.

handlebar comparison.jpg
    Thanks, that feels like a nice solution, and one that doesn't require a block of some kind to offset the positioning.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

So, are the 2020 RT bars approx the same height as the stock F3 bars, but a bit longer reach? If so, I might just want to try a pair of those. I have some long reach bars, but they're just a bit too low for my preference. Are they gonna be the same $150 tho

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

35 new! I posted this months ago. SpyderAnn loves hers! Great solution to a common problem. Glad it worked for you, Connie.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Guess I'm a bit confused, I asked my dealer shop for the 'short reach' bars, which are a tad close for me, I thought the 'short reach' and the f3 bars were the same, maybe I screwed up.

Spyder Garage

Can anyone confirm if these are the F3 Attitude bars that are compatible with the 2020 RTL? I'm looking for bars that will be a bit closer to me (shorter reach) than the stock bars. The RTL "shorter reach" bars are too close.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...EAXH3CQU&psc=1

Spyder Garage

Can anyone confirm if these are the F3 Attitude bars that are compatible with the 2020 RTL? I'm looking for bars that will be a bit closer to me (shorter reach) than the stock bars. The RTL "shorter reach" bars are too close.
    Look at the pictures in post #7 and #9. They show the Attitude Bar on the 2020 RT. The F3 Short Reach Bar can be a little too close for comfort. The stock F3 bar or even the F3 Long Reach Bar may be what you're looking for. Remember, all the handlebar options we're using on the 2020 RT are for the F3. If you look closely, the distance from the front of the seat to the handlebar yoke is almost twice as long on the F3 than on the 2020 RT. Keep that in mind.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CAN-AM-SPYD...gAAOSwQ0tdel7b
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Can-AM-...kAAOSwDB1e58d-
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/BR219400551...gAAOSwsW9Y3Bqs

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    35 new! I posted this months ago. SpyderAnn loves hers! Great solution to a common problem. Glad it worked for you, Connie.
    So ... I found the thread re: F3 bars to a 2020 RT. SpyderAnn put F3 bars on her 2020 RT. I'm looking for different bars for my 2019 F3-S. Same approx height as stock F3 bars but with a touch more reach. Accessory long reach bars are just too low. And, please, a link to that cost of the 2020 RT bars? All I'm finding is up to 2019 model years.

** Looking at cohoff's photo in the #2 post, it appears that the 2020 RT OEM bar is quite a bit lower than the OEM/stock F3 bar. Looks similar to the accessory long reach bar. Don't think this would work **

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

So i am assuming that all the handlebar wiring and everything is long enough to reach without having to modify anything with the F3 Attitude bars?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nslowmotion View Post
    So i am assuming that all the handlebar wiring and everything is long enough to reach without having to modify anything with the F3 Attitude bars?
    YOU ARE CORRECT.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nslowmotion View Post
    F3 attitude bars won't use as much wiring as the stock F3 bars. So, yes, plenty long enough.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Yes. That's them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Thanx Joe, I followed your suggestion on the F3 handlebars. I just wanted to share my results.

Spyder Garage

My pleasure, Connie
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cohoff View Post
    Side by side
    Thank you for this! I was on the fence with stock handelbars and I was seriously considering to ger short reach bars. You cleared it up for me
    2020 RTL , Asphalt Grey Metallic

Spyder Garage

Installed F3T today, love it!

Final setup, all installed
    20200727_210848.jpg

Original bars
    20200727_211227.jpg

Original vs F3T Altitude bars
    20200727_211252.jpg

F3T Altitude
    20200727_211316.jpg
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RTL