Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sure looks good...

Spyder Garage

TXGreatRide- now that you have the stock F3 handlebars on your 2020 RTL, how is the feel to your shoulders/wrists? Can you feel less strain? If you measure from the ground to the
    center of the outer handlebar grip what would be the distance? On my 2020 RTL it is about 41". Reading all of the discussions on the handlebar swaps to make the 2020 RTL ride more [leasing and less strain on long runs, I have concluded for my stature( 5'9") the stock(position B) F3 T handlebars would make best choice.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    TXGreatRide- now that you have the stock F3 handlebars on your 2020 RTL, how is the feel to your shoulders/wrists? Can you feel less strain? If you measure from the ground to the
    center of the outer handlebar grip what would be the distance? On my 2020 RTL it is about 41". Reading all of the discussions on the handlebar swaps to make the 2020 RTL ride more [leasing and less strain on long runs, I have concluded for my stature( 5'9") the stock(position B) F3 T handlebars would make best choice.
    Hi Baxter,

I feel much better riding with F3, I'm 5'10" and with the stock bars i had to lean forward a bit and wasn't able to sit back and push my back against backrest. Now I feel more relaxed and comfortable. Less strain on the wrists too, hands and shoulders are more relaxed.

I did measurements, it's approximately 43" from the ground, so seems like 2" raise, and definitely couple of inches back. No regrets about it.
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RTL
    2009 Yamaha V-Star 1300T (sold)
    2007 Yamaha V-Star 650 (sold)

"I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could!"
    2020 RTL , Asphalt Grey Metallic

Spyder Garage

sounds good. made my mind up to go with the standard f3 stock handlebar.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    35 new! I posted this months ago. SpyderAnn loves hers! Great solution to a common problem. Glad it worked for you, Connie.
    Joe,
    The F3T handlebars arrived yesterday, Friday. I did the install per your instructions, had no problem... What a difference they have made !!!
    With the OEM handlebars, after 50 to 70 miles I was having pain between my shoulder blades....never happened before on prior bikes I have owned.
    After install of the F3T handlebars I did a 100 mile ride, no pain in shoulders or back !!!!! Thanks very much for the recommendation......

Spyder Garage

My pleasure, Don. There has been confusion (me, mostly!) on the handlebar part number. To put this to bed, I went to a dealer in Spearfish, SD. The correct handlebar part number is 709402241, with a price of $109.99. You might find it a bit cheaper online, but there are thousands of used ones; so many changed them out on the F3. There is another part, also called a handlebar, which is the piece that goes into the grip, and into the bars. Wrong part! I’m planning on buying several sets, and bring them to rallies. That way, folks who need them installed can get it done. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Joe in a recent post your provided instructions on changing bars for the new 2020RTL. (The F3T handlebars arrived yesterday, Friday. I did the install per your instructions, had no problem/) could you point me to these instructions Joe.I assume it is not a big deal but I would like to have your knowledge before doing mine. Also while I am on the subject are these bars the best to bring the bars up and back I am very short. I have read about a attitude bar would that be better for my short arms Thanks Doug

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    sounds good. made my mind up to go with the standard f3 stock handlebar.
    I've installed F3T attitude handlebars, item 219400551 https://www.brppac.com/brp-219400551.html
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RTL
    2009 Yamaha V-Star 1300T (sold)
    2007 Yamaha V-Star 650 (sold)

"I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could!"
    2020 RTL , Asphalt Grey Metallic

Spyder Garage

See 2020 RT project. Step by step instructions. I did another set Saturday! Or, call me! Number below! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

I too purchased the short reach bars and found them to be too close to my body when raised to maximum height. The problem is the alignment/centering pin limits the range of motion. i used a mini hacksaw (used for removing toilet bolts) and removed the pin. This allowed me to put the bars exactly where i wanted them. With the bolts properly torqued the bar aren't going anywhere.

Spyder Garage

I received my F3 Attitude bar today and installed it on my 2020 RTL. I just returned from a short ride, and I think this is the ticket for me! I had tried the short reach bars, but found them almost like ape-hangers, and not comfortable at all. The stock bar isn't bad, but i was looking for something just a tad closer.

Here are some relevant dimensions for those of you considering this move: height from floorboards to centerline of bar end = 31" stock, 31.5" Attitude. Distance from outside edge of mirrors to centerline bar end = 13.25" stock, 14.5" Attitude.

I'm 5'10" tall with 30 inch inseam, and initial reaction is this setup will be very comfortable. The test will be a long ride of course, which I will hopefully get to soon.

FYI

Spyder Garage

Post F3 Short Reach Bar?

I am 5 feet tall. Is the f3 short reach bar the one to go with? Any special angle to have it on or
    it fits right in? How do the heated grips come off? Any wire modifications?
    Thanking you in advance

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Larsen View Post
    I am 5 feet tall. Is the f3 short reach bar the one to go with? Any special angle to have it on or
    it fits right in? How do the heated grips come off? Any wire modifications?
    Thanking you in advance
    Probably. See my thread on 2020 bars. No wires to mod. 8 bolts and 4 clips. Very easy. Get the bars, read the thread. If you are still stuck, call me. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Did another one today. Interestingly, the wire loom clips are different sizes. The RT wires are a fatter bundle, and take a bigger clip. So, remove the ones on your bike, install on the F3 bar.
    Last edited by cptjam; 09-06-2020 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Joe,
    No adjustment for up or down. The Pin sets the angle correct?
    thanks
    Larsen

Spyder Garage

There is a bit of adjustment. The pin goes in a hole that allows a bit of adjustment.
    Joe Meyer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Some of us have removed the pin with a hacksaw and filed it down level. That will give a wide range of motion up and down to the rider's comfort level, then torque the four bolts down to satisfaction; rock solid and works for me. This method of bar adjustment is up to the owner and not a recommendation, it's just what I did and I'm satisfied with it.

Spyder Garage

I was thinking of a way to go! Good info. Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pleasure Airborne, hope it works for ya, I think it will.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Larsen View Post
    Joe,
    No adjustment for up or down. The Pin sets the angle correct?
    thanks
    Larsen
    The only potential issue when using the short reach F3 bars is the thumb reach to the controls. The new bars moves the controls into a different angle in relation to your hands from the original position. Meaning, when you are holding onto the grips, the thumb shifter and other controls might not be easy to reach with your fingers without changing your grip constantly.

When you said you're 5' tall I'm making the assumption you have smaller hands, if not, then it may not be a concern.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Looking for a bit of clarification. The stock 2020 RT bars are too far away for me at 5'6". The short reach bars seem to too close based on what I've read. My 2014 RT is very comfortable, and either that distance or a bit closer would work well for me.

I'm not clear on the difference between the stock F3 bars and the F3 Attitude bars, and which will get me to where I'd like to be. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

I'm 5'5" and the stock bars on my 2020RT caused neck and shoulder pain, so I bought the Reduced Reach bars, and can confirm that they are two close for me. But, they are far better than the stock bars, just awkward for tight turns and feeling a little cramped. I've ordered what I think are the Reduced Reach F3 bars (part number 709402241) which fall between the stock bars and the Reduced Reach RT bars (I hope). They are on back order and I can update when they come in and I try them. The Reduced Reach bars are at the limit of the wiring harness, and I'm a little uncomfortable with 'stretching' wires. Clipping one cable tie made it work, but barely. It was difficult trying to move the wiring harness to get some slack.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Believe you are talking what some call 'attitude bars'. I have the short reach bars, and as you say, just a tad close, but work by trimming the up and down stop peg. Before I spend more $, I'll be giving a my short reach bars a time trial.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSmooth View Post
    I'm 5'5" and the stock bars on my 2020RT caused neck and shoulder pain, so I bought the Reduced Reach bars, and can confirm that they are two close for me. But, they are far better than the stock bars, just awkward for tight turns and feeling a little cramped. I've ordered what I think are the Reduced Reach F3 bars (part number 709402241) which fall between the stock bars and the Reduced Reach RT bars (I hope). They are on back order and I can update when they come in and I try them. The Reduced Reach bars are at the limit of the wiring harness, and I'm a little uncomfortable with 'stretching' wires. Clipping one cable tie made it work, but barely. It was difficult trying to move the wiring harness to get some slack.
    First off, thank you for comfirming that the reduced reach bars will also likely be too close for me.

From what I can tell, that part number is for the stock F3 bars. I found this link for the F3 after I made my post that seemed helpful and makes me think that the 709402241 would be best:
    https://lam.can-am.brp.com/on-road/s...3-fitment.html
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Believe you are talking what some call 'attitude bars'. I have the short reach bars, and as you say, just a tad close, but work by trimming the up and down stop peg. Before I spend more $, I'll be giving a my short reach bars a time trial.
    They are definitely not the attitude bars. MRH indicates that they are stock F3 bars. It's my understanding that the attitude bars interfere with the console. Raising (rotating) the Reduced Reach bar isn't an option for me -- it does get them further away, but elevates the hands like ape hangers. I've learned that the best angle for my forearms is parallel to the ground.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol