Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSmooth View Post
    They are definitely not the attitude bars. MRH indicates that they are stock F3 bars. It's my understanding that the attitude bars interfere with the console. Raising (rotating) the Reduced Reach bar isn't an option for me -- it does get them further away, but elevates the hands like ape hangers. I've learned that the best angle for my forearms is parallel to the ground.
    Not sure what you mean by "interfere with the console". I installed the F3 Attitude bars (see post earlier in this thread), and they do not interfere with anything. For me, they were the perfect fit. I had tried the RT "short reach" bars but they were far too close for comfort.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Buttersmooth said: They are definitely not the attitude bars. MRH indicates that they are stock F3 bars. It's my understanding that the attitude bars interfere with the console. Raising (rotating) the Reduced Reach bar isn't an option for me -- it does get them further away, but elevates the hands like ape hangers. I've learned that the best angle for my forearms is parallel to the ground.

BikerBill said: So much nomenclature, if I change bars, guess I need to see them, touch them, so I know what to order. I thought I had the attitude bars all figured out, but maybe I don't. Or really, am I over thinking this thing, I have a tendency to do that.

Spyder Garage

One of the problems with learning from the forum is that most posts (mine included) don't always list the year and model of the subject bike. So, I don't know which particular bike had issues with the console/attitude bar interference, but I know I read it here and filed it away in one of the many dusty corners of my brain. I also remember that the post in question said they would only work (on the subject bike) with risers. I both over-think and over-read about subjects of interest and I'm not sure that helps. I'm going to put my year/model in my signature and hope that helps. I'm also going to start looking at signatures for year/model information, so I can dismiss details that aren't applicable to my 2020RT.

Here is a clip from the post, that I saved:
    "Ok, there are 5 available for the F3:
    Position 3, stock
    Short reach
    Long reach,
    Attitude
    Drag
    The drag and attitude (buckhorn) won’t fit the RT without risers. They hit the dash. I haven’t tried them yet. As I learn stuff, I’ll post stuff. Joe"
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

ButterSmooth, excellent post, all true. Good info on the bars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The 2020 and 2021 RT and RT Limited have an identical dash/steering column/etc. If something fits one, it will fit the other. Per jetfixer (who has Attitude bars installed on his 2020 RTL), they fit w/o add'l modifications. I haven't tried it myself because I have a 2018 but I don't doubt him.

Spyder Garage

Smoak's take on the bars, somewhere in the middle of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRBY...TheSmoaksVlogs
    Spyder Tryke Pylot

Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster Handlebar Riser ...

Quote Originally Posted by cohoff View Post
    I have tried three different handlebars on my 2020 RT and I have finally found the right one. A member here generously sent me his F3 handlebar (Thank you JP58). This is the story of Goldilocks and the handlebars.

The stock 2020 RT handlebar was a tad too far
    The short reach handlebar was way too close
    The F3 handlebar was just right
    Was the answer for me. I have dinosaur arms and am only 5 ft. tall, so my reach is diminished on the 2020 RT Ltd (not so on my 2012 RT). My 1st order of business after purchase was to speak to Joan (Lady Lamonster) and ask for advice. She steered me in the right direction. Bought the handlebar riser. Wonderful hubs installed it. Perfection!! Bought the brake riser as well. More Perfection! Lamonster's Garage is my "go to" for all things Spyder. Glad u found a fix.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dikicep9 View Post
    ... Bought the brake riser as well. More Perfection! Lamonster's Garage is my "go to" for all things Spyder. Glad u found a fix.
    I'm going to look for that extension right now. Your dinosaur arms are matched by my inverse T-rex legs, and I always feel like I'm at complete extension to apply the brakes. Thanks for the pointer.
    Spyder Tryke Pylot

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSmooth View Post
    Smoak's take on the bars, somewhere in the middle of this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRBY...TheSmoaksVlogs
    All I heard him say was something about having to clip a zip tie on the right side of the F3T/L if you add the short reach bars. He didn't mention the Attitude bars on either the F3 or RT.

Spyder Garage

I have just the opposite problem as most of you. I have a 2020 RT and I'm 6'3" with long arms. When I turn my bars all the way in either direction, the grips hip my thighs before I hit the "lock". Also, the bars are about 2" to low for comfortable riding. So, I need bars with a 2" rise and no pullback at all. Is there such an animal or will I have to spring for a pair of "Heli Bars"?--and they ain't cheap!!!!
    2020 RT , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

Use stock bars and Lamont’s riser.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    The 2020 and 2021 RT and RT Limited have an identical dash/steering column/etc. If something fits one, it will fit the other. Per jetfixer (who has Attitude bars installed on his 2020 RTL), they fit w/o add'l modifications. I haven't tried it myself because I have a 2018 but I don't doubt him.
    I have the F3 "Long Reach" bars on my 2020 RT Limited. I see you're looking to upgrade to a 2020 or 2021 RT. I'll be in Maggie Valley next week for the rally and staying across the street at the Quality Inn. Look me up, or send me a PM, and check them out.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    I have the F3 "Long Reach" bars on my 2020 RT Limited. I see you're looking to upgrade to a 2020 or 2021 RT. I'll be in Maggie Valley next week for the rally and staying across the street at the Quality Inn. Look me up, or send me a PM, and check them out.
    Thanks for the invite, but I won't be ale to make the rally. Have a blast!
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    First off, thank you for comfirming that the reduced reach bars will also likely be too close for me.

From what I can tell, that part number is for the stock F3 bars. I found this link for the F3 after I made my post that seemed helpful and makes me think that the 709402241 would be best:
    https://lam.can-am.brp.com/on-road/s...3-fitment.html
    I've spent a few hours riding with the 709402241/F3 bars, and they are the best so far. At 5'5", I'm probably at the short end for them, but they are as good a fit as I've ever had. These probably should be the stock bars on the RT.
    Spyder Tryke Pylot