Spyder Garage

Default Tire Help Please

Looking to replace the OEM Kenda tires on my 2019 Can Am F3SS. Found a few posts but still a little Unclear as to size, brand? Seeing a lot of support for Vredestein Quatrac 5. If so, can the experts give The exact make and size of tire for the front and back so it doesn’t throw off the VSS or throw up any concerning signals with the computer. Thank you again.

Spyder Garage

Default New tire help

Looking to replace the OEM Kenda tires on my 2019 Can Am F3SS. Found a few posts but still a little Unclear as to size, brand? Seeing a lot of support for Vredestein Quatrac 5. If so, can the experts give The exact make and size of tire for the front and back so it doesn’t throw off the VSS or throw up any concerning signals with the computer. Thank you again.

Spyder Garage

Please not again. Search and read. This subject has extensive posts.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PgRykerRally View Post
    165/65-15 front ................205/60-15 rear ....many folks here use these sizes no issues .... Mike

Spyder Garage

2019 F3-S I put this on rear of mine. Fits with no problems and rides good. Kendas on the front still plenty of tread at 11,000 miles.

https://www.amazon.com/Kumho-Ecsta-K...s%2C172&sr=8-1

2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

General Altimax RT 43 = 215/60R15
    Michelin Defender = 205/65R15
    Verdestein Quatrac Q5 = 205/60R15 or 205/65R15
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

The VSS & Computer are far more tolerant than you might think!

It takes a fairly large tire size difference front to rear before it's even noticeable when ryding, and some pretty hard ryding before the VSS will react to that difference, then somewhat more difference than that before the ECU gets upset!! You can even run on NO air in the rear tire with full inflation in the fronts & neither the VSS or the ECU will get upset until you try to hang the tail thru a turn or you accelerate so hard the rear rim spins madly inside the (deflated & ruined anyway) tire carcass & you get no corresponding speed increase!! (Do you really need to ask me how I know this?!? )

So don't stress too much about the VSS or the Computer/ECU - they really don't care WHAT black round thing you might be running on your Spyder/Ryker, unless there's a quite large discrepancy between the 'expected rolling speed variation' between the two - and to fit tires that are THAT different in rolling dia, you'd probably need to do some fairly extensive mods to either the rear swing arm or the rear fenders!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for the positive feedback. Just wanted to get it right the first time regarding size and brand.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    The VSS & Computer are far more tolerant than you might think!

It takes a fairly large tire size difference front to rear before it's even noticeable when ryding, and some pretty hard ryding before the VSS will react to that difference, then somewhat more difference than that before the ECU gets upset!! You can even run on NO air in the rear tire with full inflation in the fronts & neither the VSS or the ECU will get upset until you try to hang the tail thru a turn or you accelerate so hard the rear rim spins madly inside the (deflated & ruined anyway) tire carcass & you get no corresponding speed increase!! (Do you really need to ask me how I know this?!? )

So don't stress too much about the VSS or the Computer/ECU - they really don't care WHAT black round thing you might be running on your Spyder/Ryker, unless there's a quite large discrepancy between the 'expected rolling speed variation' between the two - and to fit tires that are THAT different in rolling dia, you'd probably need to do some fairly extensive mods to either the rear swing arm or the rear fenders!
    Actually if you have stock fenders front and rear .... and stock swing arm, there is no combination of tires THAT CAN FIT that will upset the Nanny .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    General Altimax RT 43 = 215/60R15
    Michelin Defender = 205/65R15
    Verdestein Quatrac Q5 = 205/60R15 or 205/65R15
    Jay, .... recently someone posted about size issues with the Q-5 in 205/65-15 .... I no longer recommend that size ......the Defender may also have issues ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    until you try to hang the tail thru a turn or you accelerate so hard the rear rim spins madly inside the (deflated & ruined anyway) tire carcass & you get no corresponding speed increase!! (Do you really need to ask me how I know this?!? )
    Experimental teflon bead lube???...........................................
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Mike. I'll remove it from my list of alternatives.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S