Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nater1 View Post
    Well BRP Marketing people are not Bikers for what I can tell. Look at the advertisement. Do you see any nice looking ladies? Or a Lady riding on her bike beside her male friend on a two wheeler.

1# thing to remember in retailing any product from pizza to beer to cars to ect. Sex sells everything. If you think I am wrong turn the tv on, and watch 20 minutes. It is know the men think of sex at least 1 every 7 minutes.
    The rollout of the Spyder and doing the advertising on the sly with limited demo rides, etc. was pure genius. It built great interest in the product and kept it very 'special'. BOMBarding(hehe) the public with ads for this product would have turned into a nightmare.

As far as them not using hot babes, I guess you haven't been to or seen any of the pics of their various demo rides - plenty of BRP hotties to go around. Someone used to have a link to a bunch of Spyder babes.

BRP couldn't keep up with the demand during the first year - and since then they have sold more than they expected.

Sure they could sell more now - but do ya really want one on every street corner?

Spyder Garage

Default I want one on every street, in every drive way.

I want one on every street in every drive way. Why not? That would increase club size, and also gain the attention of many aftermarket retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    The rollout of the Spyder and doing the advertising on the sly with limited demo rides, etc. was pure genius. It built great interest in the product and kept it very 'special'. BOMBarding(hehe) the public with ads for this product would have turned into a nightmare.

As far as them not using hot babes, I guess you haven't been to or seen any of the pics of their various demo rides - plenty of BRP hotties to go around. Someone used to have a link to a bunch of Spyder babes.

BRP couldn't keep up with the demand during the first year - and since then they have sold more than they expected.

Sure they could sell more now - but do ya really want one on every street corner?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

BRP, aka Can Am is doing a great job promoting thier rides. Just look at all of the ads and shows sponsored by them. Too bad they are all for quads and not Spyders. Fishers atv world, Dirttracks and others have CanAm for thier major sponsors. Maybe if the quad sales drop some, they will put more time into the Spyders.

Spyder Garage

I keep a stack of our dealer's business cards and hand those out.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My local Can-Am dealer, Action Motorsports in Lafayette, IN, had two boxes of the Z-brochures. I took a handful...in fact, a double handful. Turns out I was handing them out left and right. I ran out in ten days!

Unfortunately, our BRP rep won't be here until September...dang it!

NewRider
    Indiana