Spyder Garage

Default 2019 RT limited- what are these lights?

What are the lights under the fog lights?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

On my 18 they are not lights,they don't light up.Just decoration.

Spyder Garage

For foreign models, not North America.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikochan View Post
    What are the lights under the fog lights?
    I see you live in NY, so I'm pretty sure it's a domestic model ..... The upper looks like your headlite, the lower is wear they put a FOG / Driving light ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I haven't seen anywhere in the World where those extra 'dimples that look like they should be lights' in the (North American model) 'fog' lights are anything but decoration!! Besides, it's almost impossible to get in behind them to put anything in there, even if it is just a tiny single LED filament!! Do you really need to ask how I know this?!

However, those same 'dimples that look like they should be lights' in the (upper) headlights ARE actually Accent LED Lights in some models/country spec versions!! Some parts of the World may get them as a matter of course, but we only get those as 'optional extras' here in Oz, altho the part to convert them into lights is an 'off the shelf plug & play unit', albeit as excessively expensive as many BRP accessories are! The only difficulty in installing them here is that you do hafta remove the headlight unit and very carefully & extremely accurately use a hole-saw to effectively blindly from the back cut out the shiny bit of domed plastic that looks like it should be a light lens! There's no real way of ensuring you get it in exactly the right spot except by using a Mk1 eyeball, but get that wrong & you'll probably hafta toss the whole headlight assembly!! See my last sentence in the previous para...

However, the accent lights do look good - they just don't fit in the fog lights, so down there, as everyone has alreaady said, those shiny domes are just decoration!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!