Spyder Garage

Default rear lights fulll of water and right side dead

A few weeks ago on a ride a fellow rider informed me my brake light and turn was not working. A closer work there are full of water, actually all have water in them. I am past my warranty and trying to see if brp will cover it in good faith. I call led the nhtsa to report a safety issue. They should be water tight. They suggested I post this and if there are enough complaints they can have a recall. The dealer does not carry them in stock and I don't feel safe riding without it.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post
    A few weeks ago on a ride a fellow rider informed me my brake light and turn was not working. A closer work there are full of water, actually all have water in them. I am past my warranty and trying to see if brp will cover it in good faith. I call led the nhtsa to report a safety issue. They should be water tight. They suggested I post this and if there are enough complaints they can have a recall. The dealer does not carry them in stock and I don't feel safe riding without it.
    Well that " SU*KS " .... if you can't it done for free ( or almost ) I would park the Spyder on a level surface and drill a very small hole in the lowest point of the tailite ..... This way it will constantly drain as it fills .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I took them apart and dried them out, and also drilled a hole them which helps. I can plug the drilled hole if need be. I am actually thinking of replacing the whole back light system with an after market unit with BULBS than can be replaced but have not found anything yet. Even the HD dealers don't stock parts anymore. everything is special order anymore. Where's the chop shops when you need them? It is very frustrating to not be able to easily fix them.

Spyder Garage

I’m certain I saw a youtube video about this very issue with the taillights in 2019. You might have to google around a bit to see if the other guy got it covered under warranty.