Spyder Garage

Default 2012 rt seat like new

2012 seat in perfect condition. barely used,no flaws. $200 / or B/O.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vetteman66; 06-19-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Spyder Garage

Have you sent either of the users below a msg??

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...4-2013-RT-Seat

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ed-Seat-Needed

and they are only the 'WTB: RT seat' adverts on the first page of the For Sale by Owners index, there could be some more further back where the OP is still looking?!

It always pays to have a bit of a search.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-18-2020 at 07:20 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

It seem that the 2012 seat is different than the 2013 where some people say they are interchangeable. Paul who is looking for a 2013 seat confirmed that they are indeed different. But thanks for your help regardless.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vetteman66 View Post
    It seem that the 2012 seat is different than the 2013 where some people say they are interchangeable. Paul who is looking for a 2013 seat confirmed that they are indeed different. But thanks for your help regardless.
    How are they different?? If I'm wrong, I'd really like to know?!?

I ran a 2010 RT Seat on my 2013 RT for a (short) while, and now it's got a 2016 RT seat on it that's been there for a long while - sure, there are some minor differences in the seat pan itself, but not in any important or critical way; they both mounted up fine & both have worked fine/the 2016 RT Seat continues to fit & work fine on my 2013 RT?!?

If it's because the earlier RT's had their batteries under the seat & you think that somehow impacts, it doesn't - my 2013 still has that battery mounting space under the seat, with a flat placcy flap over the top of it, and I use that space to hold a small placcy box of 'might come in handy' bits, but it doesn't interfere with the seat &/or its fitting in any way! I think that 'battery space' remnant even continued on into later years too, despite the battery being moved to behind the frunk in 2013 - heck, BRP has STILL got the space & moulding for the 'under-seat battery' in the top front of the LH pannier on the 2020 RT's, taking up room & making that LH Pannier a little smaller & less useful due to its uneven shape, even tho the battery hasn't been under the seat for 7 years now!!

And if it's the 'flap for access to the gas filler' thing, any BRP seat with one of them has been modified after it left the factory There is a 'fairly easy to do' seat mod you can do yourself to allow the front left hand wing of the seat fold out to allow access to the gas cap; there's a 'cut a hole & bolt on a gas door' mod that's been done by quite a few; or you can get full aftermarket replacement seats with a gas door already in them - but apart from that AFAIK & have seen/heard here & elsewhere, besides a few minor & inconsequential changes (like the riders back-rest slot becoming std on all RT seats from 2014 on) ALL the RT seats are interchangeable from 2010 right thru to 2019; then in 2020 that single piece rider/pillion seat became a two piece unit that is no longer compatible.

Ps: check this thread out, especially post #5 with its quote from the BRP website

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...at#post1503305

And this:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...highlight=seat
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-18-2020 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Link
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vetteman66 View Post
    2012 seat in perfect condition. barely used,no flaws. $200 plus shipping. Larry
    what color?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage