Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kenda tires

Spyder Garage

When it comes time to replace my tires, I'll buy them online and mount them myself. I have a Harbor Freight tire machine and have changed many tires myself. I did it on all my motorcycle tires. I will use the beads to balance like I did with the motorcycle tires. My 2015 F3 S has Federal Formoza tires on the front and a Kumho on the rear. I have been running 18 in the front and 28 in the rear. After reading several tires threads on here, I'll be changing to 16-17 on the front and 18 on the rear. When I got it a month ago, the tires were at 14 and 20. I love how it handles with the tires on it, and all 3 tires have a lot of tread left on them. I'm getting used to how it handles in the curves(have to hear in MW AR, but doubt I'll ever run them as fast as I did with my Gold Wings.
    Larry 2015 Spyder F3 SM6
    2015 F3 SM6 , Orange

Spyder Garage

I feel very fortunate that at 74 I can still crawl around enough on the cement driveway to remove the rear tire. I also have a local tire shop here in very rural Utah that not only will mount auto tires for me but will discuss tire options with me. And they have the tools necessary to balance my tires. They love the Spyder and have even ridden it to "test the tire balance". I didn't care and was glad they were interested. It is 100 miles for me to go to a dealer, and so far I am happy with what little I have had them do, but it is really nice to have a local solution for tires.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze