Spyder Garage

Default Installing Rox Risers

2019 F3-S Special Series, looking to install Rox Risers and need advise on best way to get additional cable slack. Love the fact that the spyder is so clean and concealed around the bars but not quite sure what parts I need to remove in order to manage the cable slack.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AzBTO View Post
    2019 F3-S Special Series, looking to install Rox Risers and need advise on best way to get additional cable slack. Love the fact that the spyder is so clean and concealed around the bars but not quite sure what parts I need to remove in order to manage the cable slack.
    The F-3 has a few different sizes for their handlebars .... so there may very be enough slack to accomplish this ..... I put 4 inch risers on my GS and RSS and gept the OEM cables .... after cutting a few tie - wraps ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Lamonster clips (2) zip ties for their billy club bars. I attempted generic risers on my f3s and didn't need to cut any ties. If you get the Rox risers, make sure you get these, as they have the extended stem .. https://roxspeedfx.com/collections/a...ant=1187894173
    Also, if you use an accessory powerport from Lamonster/Spyderextras, the risers won't work as you can't take advantage of the longer stems in the clamps. Just some fyi ...
    http://www.lamonstergarage.com/billy-club-bar-install/

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AzBTO View Post
    I have a 2016 F3L with short reach bars and 2in Rox risers made for the F3. I removed the lower cable clamps on the bars then tugged the cable out from inside the trike and have had no problems at all in the 2 years its been installed.
    Bob

Spyder Garage

I like that idea! Please post pictures and details of your install. I'd like to do the same with my 2020 F3-S Special.

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for the replies.... will post pics of the install to help others out. Just didn't want to blindly start ripping things apart... been there, done that... trying to avoid if possible

Spyder Garage

Did ya get the risers installed?

Spyder Garage

Installed yesterday along with my shocks... not as much flexibility as I was hoping for. Given the lack of space between the new riser tops and the current bolts that hold the risers in place I ended up positioning the risers so i had easy access to tighten down the bolts which resulted in more higher vs back result. They held well but will need to give them a go before I have a final decision on them.

Spyder Garage

If you want them closer to you. Loosen all clamp bolts. Then tighten just the 2 bottom bolts closest to you till they bottom out snug. Then rotate risers toward you. Will be a little stiff but will move. They will cover the lower bolts. No need to retighten lower bolts any futher. Then tighten the top bolts snug. You will be closer than and good to go.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Good to know, thanks for the tip. I'll have to see how these feel once i get the bike put back together