Spyder Garage

Spyder Tires for 2016 RT-S?

Hi everyone, I am going to ask a question that will generate a ton of replies! Have a 2016 RT-S with 11,000 miles and am looking at new tires. Still have tread on them but not sure how fast the last of the tread wears off. Would like suggestions for high mileage tires that the dealer will install. Do any of the MC tire companies have a mileage guarantee like car tire companies do?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-16-2020 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Not engine size related

Spyder Garage

I doubt your dealer, or any dealer for that matter, will sell auto tires. If your adamant about going to the dealer, your likely choice will be OEM or Kenda Kanine. Verdict is still out on the Kanine's, but their specs are closer to the OEM tire than any auto tire. Find an auto shop that will mount your tires. Most auto shops can balance your fronts, but the dealer might have to balance the rear due to spindle/axle size..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

There are some Can-Am dealerships that will mount car tires but you must provide the tires. Car tires are going to give you better tread wear than the Crapendas and the total mileage depends on how you ride and the road surfaces, among other things.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I've got over 1,000 miles on the Kanines now. I really like how firm they feel in the twists. Running 15psi in the front and 28 in the rear. So far they appear to be wearing very even. They cost allot less than a set of the OEM tires do.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I replaced the stock front tires on my 2015 RT-S with Vrederstein Quatrac that I ordered online from Tire Rack. I then took them to one of our local dealers (there are three in the area) and they mounted and balanced them for me no questions asked. Significant improvement over what came from the factory; however, they haven't been on long enough to amass very much mileage so I can't attest to their longevity.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dbruno47 View Post
    Hi everyone, I am going to ask a question that will generate a ton of replies! Have a 2016 RT-S with 11,000 miles and am looking at new tires. Still have tread on them but not sure how fast the last of the tread wears off. Would like suggestions for high mileage tires that the dealer will install. Do any of the MC tire companies have a mileage guarantee like car tire companies do?
    As stated by others some will mount what you bring in - some won't make some phone calls ..... Currently the best tires for any Spyder are Vredestein Quatrac 5 ..... enter this in the search box there are many posts that will explain why ...... and & ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

I note this is your first post. Grab a large cup of coffee, search tires, and you will have a couple weeks of reading.

Short version: Vredestein seem to be a good choice these days.

The new Kenda Kanines also seem promising.

What they said about "darkside" tires applies. Some dealers will NOT install them. Choose wisely grasshopper.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I note this is your first post. Grab a large cup of coffee, search tires, and you will have a couple weeks of reading.

Short version: Vredestein seem to be a good choice these days.

The new Kenda Kanines also seem promising.

What they said about "darkside" tires applies. Some dealers will NOT install them. Choose wisely grasshopper.
    with the Q-5 tires .... I have read the specs for the new Kanines and they are the same as the old Kenda's - they were crappy and my guess is the new kanines arn't likely to be any better .....jmho .... Mike