Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Marsala RTL Chrome None available.

Found out on Saturday when I stopped by my dealership to check on the status of my Spyder that they only have a 2020 Marsala RTL/Dark and are not getting anymore chrome. What, I said I ordered this way back, what gives, you told me it had been built and shipped, in fact the sales person said back in March just before they closed for Covid19, it was at a west coast warehouse. Was this all lies. The general sales manager said that they aren't making anymore. What? Is production on these done for the year?

Did they sell my preordered unit to a higher paying customer?

They are getting back to me later this week.......So who knows maybe I will wait till 2021

All $4,500 in accessories are in with the exception of the trailer hitch. These were sold to me as non refundable because they were all special order. Sheesh

just venting, will keep this updated, so unbelievable they could tell me this with a straight face. I did get them to commit to no dealer freight & prep. Same as when I bought my first one from them.

The dark looks extremely good, but have my heart set on chrome.

They said ordering from a different state and bringing spyder here won't work
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So when Covid hit and they shut down the factory they cancelled the remaining units that dealers had on order. So they may not have gotten one or they may have sold it out from under you. A friend had ordered one last year in UT but the dealer dropped the Spyder line so in January they ordered one in Las Vegas. It arrived in mid May and was the only Marsala red chrome that the dealer would get.

I thought you had gotten yours months ago, so sorry to hear you are still waiting. You could see if you could locate one at another dealer but don’t expect them to be willing to deal much.

I would pitch a fit about the accessories though. You can’t accessorize something you don’t have!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    They said ordering from a different state and bringing spyder here won't work
    Bull puckey! They just don't want to pay the cost of bringing one in outside of the usual supply process.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Don't you have a purchase order/contract with them?? If you've signed anything &/or they've taken your order, & ESPECIALLY if they've accepted any money from you for it (even without any paper-work!) then you've got a contract with them that they hafta fullfil or be in breach of & therefore liable!! . AFAI Can See, it's their responsibility to do whatever it takes/pay whatever it takes to fullfil the contract they have with you by providing the Spyder you ordered at the price you agreed with the accessories you ordered, or the whole deal is void & it's their responsibility to make good/recompense you for any delays & all the costs you've incurred while they've faffed about avoiding their legal responsibilities!! (Unless any of that stuff is specifically excluded in the contract somewhere - which might be hard for them to show let alone prove if it's not all in writing!)

So while what SpyderAnn suggests is a great idea, 'pitching a fit' would be the very mildest description for what I'd be doing on the Dealer Principal's desk right now!!

Oh hang on, that IS what I did when a dodgy Can-Am Dealer did pretty much the very same thing to me back when I was trying purchase an RT Ltd in 2013 - and I got all the money I'd paid them up front back, plus costs & penalties, and I bought my Spyder elsewhere - got a much better deal too; been looked after very well by the new mob since. And the original dealer is no longer in business at all!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your experience TB. If you decide to go with the "dark" version...make sure you get some pain and suffering on the deal. The Marsala red is beautiful...I am hoping with the proper amount of pain and suffering, that you will come to like the dark version if that is your final decision.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

How about this one at a dealership in Salt Lake City

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/59702213

I think it has been sitting there for a while now.
    ‘21 Honda Rebel 1100 DTC Burgundy
    ‘13 Spyder RT-L Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Call them and make a deal. Go get it.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) cohoff's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Also check out IMotorsports. They have the one you're looking for and they will deliver it to you. They're also giving the $1,000 rebate.
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCACOIDILINIAKSKYMDMIMNMOMTNENVNMNCOHORPASDTNUTVA  WAWVWIWYmed.jpg

Spyder Garage

I was talking to BRP this morning about the same bike and I asked about them being shut down, his reply was the factory had opened 6/4/2020 and they were just about caught up with orders.

Spyder Garage

Elk Grove in Northern California says they have one
    Local Phone: (916) 714-7223
    Toll Free: (866) 606-3516

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Papaloco View Post
    Elk Grove in Northern California says they have one
    Local Phone: (916) 714-7223
    Toll Free: (866) 606-3516
    Thank you, wish you had of pm'd me.

Yes I spoke yesterday with the sales person Jim there. They have freight and assembly that they are not able to get around.

I would be trading in my current Spyder, so if they did not give me a fair price, it would be 400 miles up and back down for me. I have a call into my current dealership and the sales manager did not get back to me yesterday. Most all my accessories are in at the shop, I had negotiated a maximum labor price of $1K. If I do not get the spyder from them I need in writing they would honor that. Still upset they led me on that my spyder was built and enroute to there shop. Contemplating just waiting now for getting a 2021 from Berts Mega mall instead. And going and picking up my accessories as they should still all work on a 2021. My current ride is running great so it's not like I am out of riding.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Papaloco View Post
    I was talking to BRP this morning about the same bike and I asked about them being shut down, his reply was the factory had opened 6/4/2020 and they were just about caught up with orders.
    Interesting, you head this from BRP in Canada?

Spyder Garage

I would NOT deal with a liar.

Spyder Garage

Having purchased my 2014 in NV and living in LA, it is key to make sure that you have a Spyder that is 50 state compliant, which you likely know. Ask to be sure.

On the issue with the local dealer (is it by the beach, by chance?), it would seem that they should either refund you the parts or install at the agreed pricing. That said, do check with Lou to see what he would charge on the installs, it may be less and I trust him more than any dealer.

You ordered the combo I was thinking about getting this year, so now I imagine that I really will be waiting until 2021, as the purchase is hard to justify this year given the drop in my work.

On the black/chrome issue, I couldn't decide until I saw the blue in both flavors, and there was no question for me that the chrome was much nicer and worth the difference in cost.

That ride to SLC may be worth it - think about it!
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.