Spyder Garage

Default Changed to full synthetic oil

Just had my 3000 mi service 2019 F3L , changed to Amsol Full Synthetic . What a difference in the bike , it shifts so smooth , It is like night and day . Just wanted to thank this group for the info on oil.

Spyder Garage

Many of us experienced the difference in shifting immediately. And the Amsoil Metric will easily go 9,300 miles between changes.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Another thumbs up for Amsoil!
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

I just purchased Amsoil Metric for my oil change next weekend. I got 10-40 since they did not have 5-40. Found a great dealer in Northen KY that is a full line Amsoil dealer and the preferred customer deal makes the Amsoil actually less than a lot of other oils. Had no ideal Amsoil makes so may products.

Spyder Garage

That's all I ever put in my Spyder. Its always nice to support our sponsors as I buy my Amsoil and oil filter kits from BajaRon.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RosieriderKY View Post
    I just purchased Amsoil Metric for my oil change next weekend. I got 10-40 since they did not have 5-40. Found a great dealer in Northen KY that is a full line Amsoil dealer and the preferred customer deal makes the Amsoil actually less than a lot of other oils. Had no ideal Amsoil makes so may products.
    10w/40 is a better fit for the Spyder than the 5w/40 recommended. Sometimes manufacturers recommend what they have, not what is best. I think you will be very happy with the Amsoil. It has proven over and over to be a superior lubricant. If you do it right. It will cost you about what you'd pay for the BRP (Castrol) product. And you'll get much better service for your money as well.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Also BRP - XPS 5W40 synthetic blend is only rated to 104 degrees Fahrenheit, therefore riders in the Southwest USA, Australia and other high temperature regions, need a more suitable oil.
    At about 1200 miles I switched my Ryker to 10W50 pure synthetic.

https://xpslubricants.com/us/4t-5w-4...etic-blend-oil
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

Default LIQUI MOLY 4T Synth 5W40 ???

I am new to the Spyder F3 world. You all seem to like Amsoil Full Synthetic. I guess whether it is 5W40 or 10W40 is OK as long as it meets JASO MA2.

Does anyone have any experience with LIQUI MOLY 4T Synth 5W40? It is verified to conform to F3 specified oil requirements. Would it be an equal/good choice?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Spyder Garage

Will you share the name of the Northern KY. Amsoil dealer.
    Thank You.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LowellC View Post
    Will you share the name of the Northern KY. Amsoil dealer.
    Thank You.
    I really don't know anything about the amsoil dealers, but this is what I found on the web and it took me to a Ft Mitchell Kentucky dealer... http://freeoilinfo.com/
    Best of luck.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    10w/40 is a better fit for the Spyder than the 5w/40 recommended. Sometimes manufacturers recommend what they have, not what is best. I think you will be very happy with the Amsoil. It has proven over and over to be a superior lubricant. If you do it right. It will cost you about what you'd pay for the BRP (Castrol) product. And you'll get much better service for your money as well.
    When your new car is delivered I'll bet has a DINO oilin it ..... however when the EPA tested it for gas mileage I'll bet it had a low weight Full Synthetic in it ...... jmho .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The reason it shifts better and feels different is because the oil is new. Tried testing some goldwings with different oils. The riders couldn't tell the difference. One had dino oil.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is handy to know as I am a fan of synthetics.

My CB900 Bol D'or F2F was a clunker on mineral oils and would drop out of gear. I used Castrol GPS Synthetic in my VF1000 F2F, and it was the only one the dealership did not have to replace the camshafts in. Amsoil is available in the land down under.

Thank you for the heads up
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

10/08/2020

Mike... Thanks for the info. The one question I still have is if I use the 10w40... is it going to cause any problems with the warranty I have, whether it be the original warranty or an extended warranty? The user guide seems to call for 5w40. And I have heard that BMP can get pretty picky about warranty issues. Thanks again for your time and help.

[Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post