Spyder Garage

Default Frozen sway bar link

While working on our 2015 Spyder RT....had a clicking sound when rocking bike side to side...found a frozen BaJa Ron Link...

I removed both links.....had hit the frozen one with a hammer(several times) ...used WD40...put it in a vise and got it to free up...but its tight but now moving...

I cleaned the other three and they are very free moving.

Anyone had this problem....Did you or can you see any steering problems with this frozen link.

BIG question....should I replace these two links with new one's????

Comments are Welcome!!!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Your best bet is to PM, or better, email Ron and ask his advice. He'll work out something fair I'm sure.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I had a similar issue about a year ago with mine as well from them. I noticed a squeaking noise and one was stuck. I cleaned them lightly with a Scotchbrite pad, solvent (mineral spirits) to cleanup, then liberally applied some axle grease to the rod end balls. Moved the links around by hand to distribute the grease. I haven't had an issue with them since. Although, I haven't looked at them for some time. It may be time to do it again, but I haven't heart any noise. Easy fix and part of the maintenance ritual. They don't appear to be a high end stainless like a Hiem bearing used on aircraft, nor the cost. But, the setup works great.
    Life is attitude, be positive!

Spyder Garage

same with me. take em off and lube them once in a while.
    2015 rts-white pearl- mods- '16 F3 fat 6 chrome wheels,
    and some little stuff. setback utopia backrest, baja ron
    sway bar, oem adj. air deflectors, marlin gps compass,
    lamonster fbb foot pegs[modified brackets], lamonts
    vibration damper, rock guard, and side case stiffener kit,
    . brp comfort seat. , fomozas and
    altimax, magic mirror mts, and wide mirrors.
    [joyce & irvin toms]

Spyder Garage

I have a clunking /clicking sound when I rock back and forth too. I guess I'll check the links. Seems a grease fitting or two would be handy
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I had similar clunking noise so I decided to install the OE units for the meantime. No clicking/clunking noise anymore. I suspect the noise is because the ball has a small amount of play in the socket since it isn't pressed in, Its just held in place with snap ring.

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky