Spyder Garage

Default Best helmet comm system

I recently traded my BMW for a 2020 Spyder RTLimited, and am looking for the best helmet comm system for audio. On the BMW I had been using the BMW Communication System installed in a Scheuberth C3 Pro helmet, but was never really happy with the bluetooth audio quality.

I have played a little bit with BRP Connect, and found it to be less than user friendly, and therefore am hoping to be able to just use my iPhone for navigation. I would rather not purchase a separate NAV unit if possible. I ride solo, so intercom with other helmets is not required. I'd also like to keep my Scheuberth, so compatibility with that helmet is a must.

I would appreciate everyone's input on which system provides the best audio quality for music, podcasts, etc.

Thank you in advance.

Clay

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Clay You want to keep your helmet, not talk to others. As I understand it you just want to connect with your phone to listen to music, radio and podcast. Maybe what you are looking for is just a good set of blue tooth ear buds; there are many of them out there, JBL, Samsung, LG and Bose to name a few. Look around at them and see if they will do what you want. Blue tooth ear buds are much cheaper vs a full head set like Cardio or Sena that are meant for talking person to person but can do all the other things also that cost hundreds of dollars.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

CopperSpyder, thanks for that suggestion. I will look into it. Do you know if the wireless earbuds would be paired to the helmet comm, the iPhone or the bike? Would I leave the existing in-helmet speakers in place? Or would this replace the entire BMW Comm system that is in my Scheuberth?

Spyder Garage

What model Schuberth do you have? I have the c3 and c4. The c3 is outfit with the Sena 20s and the c4 is outfit with the integrated Schuberth plug in option. Both work real well connect to iPhone, and the sm10 unit in Spyder. Speaker quality in helmets is very clear and communication with passenger is solid.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

The helmet is a C3 Pro and the comm is the BMW system. Hopefully the attached photo comes through. IMG_6302.jpg

Spyder Garage

When I added the Sena unit to my c3, I did have to make a cut in the piece wire that runs in the base of the collar unit to route the wiring from the Sena to the speakers. Other than that, it was pretty simple and straight forward. May have been able to use the adhesive, but I went with the clamp setup for 20s.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I have found with my Sena's 20S Evo's ,if I plug in a quality set of wired earbuds, I'm getting the best of everything.

The earbuds dampen wind noise much better than the helmet itself alone, and the sound is great with plenty of bass.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by japgen View Post
    The helmet is a C3 Pro and the comm is the BMW system. Hopefully the attached photo comes through. IMG_6302.jpg
    My wife wears a C3 Pro and we use a Sena 20 EVO and I have a Arai with the same comm system. It works really well and using the EVO with the BRP connect with iPhone and navigation is still a work in progress. But, in the end I think this combo will work well.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6