Spyder Garage

Angry 2012 RS SE5 Displaying “Check Transmission” Code P0826.

2012 RS SE5 - Will not always shift into 2nd gear. Had oil & filter changed using a “CanAM filter” but still same Code P0826. So it’s not the lack of oil. Will have to rent a trailer to bring to dealer...meanwhile the weather is BEAUTIFUL....
    Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-15-2020 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Not 998cc motor related!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LilSpyder View Post
    2012 RS SE5 - Will not always shift into 2nd gear. Had oil & filter changed using a “CanAM filter” but still same Code P0826. So it’s not the lack of oil. Will have to rent a trailer to bring to dealer...meanwhile the weather is BEAUTIFUL....
    Any thoughts?
    I had to have the " paddle shifter " replaced ( it's not repairable ). This part failure is not uncommon on the earlier Spyders .... Mine was intermittent for about a year and the Dealer Tech could find codes in the computer .... A BRP Tech " Danny " found 246 " events " in the computer file !!!! .... with His help the dealer Tech then Found them and it was replaced under warranty..... good luck .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

GS & RS both had shift indicator problems...The shift indicator is located on the left side of the engine case where the shift lever attaches...Also be sure the shift lever is tight on the splines going into the trans...BRP has a fancy name for the shift indicator that I cannot recall at this moment...Maybe try the BRP parts locator...The shift indicator is plastic and is held on by 2 screws, NO BUDS needed if replaced...larryd

Here it is; (Gear Box Position Sensor) fault or related part. The GBPS detects what gear the Spyder is in.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-13-2020 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Gesr

Spyder Garage

Thanks - bringing it to a dealer as soon as I can find someone to tow it!!! Do you know about how much it will cost to replace the paddle shifter?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just had mine done. Shifter is $159USD. 1 hour of labor.