Spyder Garage

Default RT 622 TONGUE stand-hard to release

I purchased an RT 622 trailer with tongue stand. I'm miffed as to the locking mechanism as it's a &^%$$## to unlock. I believe the are two button release one needs to push in and then "pull" down the tongue and then push/bend it back toward the trailer....this bugger doesn't budge ...my first and only attempt went ok Now I'm stuck ...Suggestions?
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Try spraying oil around the buttons. Some have removed the buttons and used a pin in its place. The kind that you can get at trailer accessory places.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Try spraying oil around the buttons. Some have removed the buttons and used a pin in its place. The kind that you can get at trailer accessory places.

This is a great way to bypass the buttons A hitch pin works great
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

So this is a common problem..they won't release

Spyder Garage

Knock the buttons out use a trailer pin works great

Spyder Garage

Remove stand. Look inside, see the flat springs holding the buttons. Remove all of that. Useless. Now, go to any RV store. Find a pin with a retaining clip that fits. Get one. Go home, reinstall the tongue support. Insert pin. Rejoice! We have had one for years. Like 10; as the buttons failed the first time they got wet!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

LOL ...I'm an idiot....only had the trailer a few weeks ...when I purchased I saw the two sets of push buttons...one to release in the down position the other set releasing in the up position...I struggled in the garage NOT remembering there were two set of buttons. I took it apart now I see the useless set up inside....I'll get the pin. Thanks